Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Steve B.

'02 325 Monsoon fuel injectors

Recommended Posts

Steve B.

Anyone know the lbs./hr. fuel injectors are supposed to be for the above engine ?  Thinking of doing it as a maintenance thing.

Steve B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep

Just pull them out and send in for a rebuild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve B.

I thought about that but my thinking is considering their age, just replace them. Its had so little maintenance, I'm going to replace a lot of items to be nice. Might do roller rockers, and while I've got the valve covers off, replace them with nice aftermarkets.

Steve B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadMan
10 hours ago, Steve B. said:

 Might do roller rockers, and while I've got the valve covers off, replace them with nice aftermarkets.

Steve B.

You could put 1.6 ratio rockers on the intakes (not enough clearance on the exhaust) for a possible power increase.  If you do, you need to provide some clearance for the pushrods though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep
11 hours ago, Steve B. said:

I thought about that but my thinking is considering their age, just replace them. Its had so little maintenance, I'm going to replace a lot of items to be nice. Might do roller rockers, and while I've got the valve covers off, replace them with nice aftermarkets.

Steve B.

Curious what sort of power increase you are expecting by changing to roller rockers with no cam or other changes to the engine?  My .02, I'd be a little careful screwing around with single pieces of the valvetrain on an 18 year old engine. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve B.
12 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Curious what sort of power increase you are expecting by changing to roller rockers with no cam or other changes to the engine?  My .02, I'd be a little careful screwing around with single pieces of the valvetrain on an 18 year old engine. 

 

 

No hp. increase. It relieves that high friction. Done it on multitude of engines 😉.  Needle bearings at the fulcrum track the cam with better precision. I'm really a Ford guy though, lol.

Steve B.

(Just wanted to add, I'll probably upgrade the distrubutor and coil too)

Edited by Steve B.
Add some info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...