Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who went Digital Media Center only (Deckless)?

hawaiianstyln

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, MLA said:

In addition to the clarion compact head, the Kicker KMC2 supports the KRC15 wired display remote. 

@MLA are you sure about the support for KRC15 remote to KMC2?  I thought it said the remote supports KMC20 which is an entirely different media center (big and ugly if you ask me).  I'm trying to pull the trigger on something but finding a "round" remote for transom that ties into a round 3" gauge digital media center is painful.  I searched for hours last night trying to find compatibility remotes for the Clarion and Kicker (and other brands such as Rockville).  My only concern with the Rockville is some reviews on heating up and customer service was never around to assist, but that gauge style media center Rockville has automatically comes with their remote for under $120 (remote and media center gauge)

Also I guess I'm not apposed to going with another head unit (non-gauge style that supports remote transom) but I just don't want a black box again.  I would need to fit something into the area of where my current JBL/Malibu media center is which is in the walkthrough to the bow on starboard side.  I could just make that a sunglass holder if I remove the old stereo/JBL black box and find another area for a single din media center to be installed. 

2 hours ago, hawaiianstyln said:

@MLA are you sure about the support for KRC15 remote to KMC2?  I thought it said the remote supports KMC20 which is an entirely different media center (big and ugly if you ask me).  I'm trying to pull the trigger on something but finding a "round" remote for transom that ties into a round 3" gauge digital media center is painful.  I searched for hours last night trying to find compatibility remotes for the Clarion and Kicker (and other brands such as Rockville).  My only concern with the Rockville is some reviews on heating up and customer service was never around to assist, but that gauge style media center Rockville has automatically comes with their remote for under $120 (remote and media center gauge)

Well, I though the KMC2 supported the KRC15, but it looks like it only supports the rectangle non display PXiRCX remote, Sorry. 

• Like 1

no worries I just didn't know if you had different info than I could find that supported or was compatible.  driving me nuts to find the right unit with round stereo remote.  Maybe I need to step out of the box and go square/rectangle remote. :)

• 1 month later...

Has anyone relocated their head unit and replaced with something like the wetsounds WS-MC-2 style units? I have been eyeing one of these with the transom remote but was looking for someone that has already done this to figure out how to mount it or the best place to mount it.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:58 PM, Mmccarron said:

Has anyone relocated their head unit and replaced with something like the wetsounds WS-MC-2 style units? I have been eyeing one of these with the transom remote but was looking for someone that has already done this to figure out how to mount it or the best place to mount it.

I've done it with a single DIN; could do the same thing with a double-DIN housing.

DSC03948.jpg

IMG-4061-zps2sbagalo.jpg

• Like 1