Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

If I have a '13 23 LSV with Surfgate - will I love an '18 A24?

daylorb

My Bu has been fantastic - still in great condition with less than 300hrs on it.  That said, I like the idea of a simpler boat with more modern design and have always been attracted to the Axis boats.  

My sense is the 18 Axis is going to be better than the Bu in most ways that matter to me - wake, power, size, simplicity.  Like the idea of getting back into new boat with warranty/etc.

Am I going to be happy with this decision?  The '18 is about $90K.

Also - I've got my 23 dialed in for surfing - 15" prop, sacks, lead, surfgate, wedge, etc.  From what I can tell I need 750s in back on the A24, anything else major?  Thanks!

You get the 2 to 1 and 17” I think?

Nice simple big boat and the new features over the ‘16 I was in make it a whole different animal 

I don’t like the ridiculously small bimini , same size as my a20.  Tower uglier than older axis fatax tower but ten times more convenient 

4 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

You get the 2 to 1 and 17” I think?

Nice simple big boat and the new features over the ‘16 I was in make it a whole different animal 

I don’t like the ridiculously small bimini , same size as my a20.  Tower uglier than older axis fatax tower but ten times more convenient 

My priorities would be reliable, great surf wake.  I've had an Enzo and an LSV.  Loved the Enzo wake, loved the manual controls - switching was awful and it was cramped inside.  The LSV is just an incredible all-around boat, although it is 6yrs old and from what I've read the A24 will have the better wake.  I don't like the lcd's either.

ahopkins22LSV

The A24 is a very nice boat and puts out one of the best waves in the whole malibu/axis line up. It’s raally hard, next to impossible, to be the dollar per wave performance axis provides. 

Youll love the additional space and storage too. I’d definitely say you will be happy. 

9 hours ago, daylorb said:

My priorities would be reliable, great surf wake.  I've had an Enzo and an LSV.  Loved the Enzo wake, loved the manual controls - switching was awful and it was cramped inside.  The LSV is just an incredible all-around boat, although it is 6yrs old and from what I've read the A24 will have the better wake.  I don't like the lcd's either.

You’ll love the space and with that drivetrain you should be able to load that thing with people , ballast and lead and have a killer wave as long as you have tons of nose weight 

2 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

You’ll love the space and with that drivetrain you should be able to load that thing with people , ballast and lead and have a killer wave as long as you have tons of nose weight 

Seems like the right setup for me - going to likely pull the trigger today.  Thanks for the quick input!

On 12/13/2018 at 11:21 PM, daylorb said:
11 hours ago, daylorb said:

Seems like the right setup for me - going to likely pull the trigger today.  Thanks for the quick input!

Don’t be scared to ask to get low 80’s , act like you don’t care! Whether you get it or not , make rooM for your sales tax 

20 hours ago, daylorb said:

Where are you located and what do you want for your '13 LSV?  😜