Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Registration Numbers

eubanks

Alright, taking suggestions on my new numbers as well.    

First off, they’ll go below the rubrail this time :D

We initially thought we'd match the vapor blue metallic, but looking at the photo and that silver, we could potentially do the silver to tie in the silver from the back of the new boat.  Or even just black with maybe a silver outline.  Too many options!

02194BCB-FC4C-4DB6-8FF3-C27A9C32295F.jpeg

Edited by hethj7
  • Like 2

Gotta have them so you might as well make them look integrated with the graphics/color scheme.  When that happens they blend in better then trying to hide them! 

Got my TX numbers yesterday so time to put in my order with Doomed Numbers.  They suggested to use the black chrome outline that is on the Malibu logo with the matching gunmetal metallic or black chrome interior.  What do you guys think?  I love the vapor color on the boat but want to keep the numbers discreet as possible without getting slapped on the wrist by the TPWD.

IMG_0181.JPG

4 minutes ago, eubanks said:

Got my TX numbers yesterday so time to put in my order with Doomed Numbers.  They suggested to use the black chrome outline that is on the Malibu logo with the matching gunmetal metallic or black chrome interior.  What do you guys think?  I love the vapor color on the boat but want to keep the numbers discreet as possible without getting slapped on the wrist by the TPWD.

IMG_0181.JPG

I think that in MN that 2 shades of black numbers on a black hull is going to get you pulled over a lot

21 minutes ago, eubanks said:

IMG_0181.JPG

Gunmetal metallic outline with vapor blue letters or the reverse. 

1 hour ago, eubanks said:

IMG_0181.JPG

Don’t do the black chrome interior.  I did that on my 18 and got pulled over at lake Shasta.  I only had the numbers on for a few weeks and had to order some new ones.  I think gunmetal would look awesome! 

So what do you guys think about vapor blue metallic outline with gunmetal metallic fill?  I guess I could just do the gunmetal metallic as the outline and fill but I like the two-tone.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Looking for suggestions for my reg numbers.  That Azure Met and Gunmetal Met... so the numbers will sit on the gunmetal. 

Maybe Azure outline around white?

Black (or white?) outline around Azure?

Azure outline around black?

10.thumb.JPG.56738d6927e08210ea4ece0bdb9d8a2c.JPG

IMG_2672.jpg.c2c9ceb4cb8c427be67c2d2127e633e8.jpg

After Domed sent the wrong colors, I finally got my replacement set in and installed them today. The border around the registration sticker is a nice touch.  Colors match the boat really well and I think it looks great!

ACD04E9D-8FB8-4573-AB2C-15AB9D0EFB34.jpeg

AEFF70CF-228A-4198-BCAC-5A00F21946EE.jpeg

77D31502-CC47-4EF9-AEB1-93EB729F5F2A.jpeg

4 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

Black with flake outline

DCD25312-CAFD-48A8-9ACF-8016D17D840E.jpeg

0E0715BE-D152-4486-B112-E5D2656AE221.jpeg

Question... I have always seen reg numbers as XX NNNN XX (state code) + 4 numbers + 2 letters), did they recently run out of number and 2 letter combos (which I think is 7M combos?) and have to move to NNN XXX ?  Is this just an OR thing where they ran out of combos?