Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

vibration with calibratration warning AWII

JMVOTTO

Vibration with calibration warning with a 23lsv17 fully loaded surfing at 11mph .

Any idea if an uncalibrated wedge ( to much drag) can cause  bad vibrations if positioned incorrectly, on a heavily weighted surf 4k plus

maybe its causing cavitation , but I cant tell   rpms running at high 4k

I tried the auto recalibration

I have the 410 motor and the 2249 acme prop

11 MPH at  4K RPMS??????   This seems  pretty high  RPM for such a slow speed to me..????  

vibration at high rpm can do very bad things to props, driveshafts transmissions and engine..  .. so dont ignore it.   

cavitation is possible ,   but it is more likely that vibration is an out of balance situation..  in the driveline.    Have it checked out.  

1 minute ago, tccombs said:

11 MPH at  4K RPMS??????   This seems  pretty high  RPM for such a slow speed to me..????  

vibration at high rpm can do very bad things to props, driveshafts transmissions and engine..  .. so dont ignore it.   

cavitation is possible ,   but it is more likely that vibration is an out of balance situation..  in the driveline.    Have it checked out.  

11MPH @ 4K is why most aren’t running that prop unless it’s an elevation thing. 2277 will drop those RPM’s 500-600 RPM’s. Your fuel use will be much better as well. 

2 hours ago, tccombs said:

Its at the dealer for winter storage they will look at in the spring.  I just cant wrap my head around it why it happened at the end of the season 

IME,

I had the 2249 in my '16 23SLV. ~4300 at surf speed. Fuel was going fast.

I had the 2277 in my '17 & 18 23LSV's. ~3600 at surf speed. Fuel was much better as was the noise from the motor.

~600' elevation.

Acme shows this  

i have 770 pnp and  550 in lead and run a pretty beefy crew 4 to 6 guys plus wedge two clicks down 

CE8BC8C0-5EC2-49E9-A7C7-AD92073C9D8B.png

Edited by JMVOTTO

There shouldn’t be a vibration regardless of prop , start there, and  this is definitely  when you take it out of storage for and get your warranty offseason service

Edited by granddaddy55