Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Back in the fold... New 2019 25 LSV!

TallRedRider

ahopkins22LSV
48 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Spray date is currently set for 1/14/19!  

Nobody came up with anything super convincing, so I went with the original design as in my first post.  

Congrats! It is a solid design!!

18 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

Spray date is currently set for 1/14/19!  

Nobody came up with anything super convincing, so I went with the original design as in my first post.  

Hey we have at least 2 -25LSV’s on the Crew spraying that week😎😜. Congrats 

3 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

Hey we have at least 2 -25LSV’s on the Crew spraying that week😎😜. Congrats 

Nope, there are three. Mine sprayed yesterday. 

On 12/15/2018 at 2:11 PM, Sparky450 said:

Congrats. You are a few weeks ahead of us. I don’t expect to take possession  mine til the middle of February at the earliest.😎

That is when I requested to take possession so that my 2017 will have sold before then. But if it gets here earlier, like January, I guess I'll have to have two boats. This scenario is feasible, but not desirable.

1 hour ago, bbattiste247 said:

That is when I requested to take possession so that my 2017 will have sold before then. But if it gets here earlier, like January, I guess I'll have to have two boats. This scenario is feasible, but not desirable.

Just ask your dealer to sit on it (unwrapped). Unless they’re space constrained they should be able to do that. 

On 12/4/2018 at 6:36 PM, TallRedRider said:

I previously had a 2006 Malibu 247.  It was my favorite boat of that time frame.  The new tech has been nice when I first changed to a 2015, then 2016 Nautique G23.  Those were great boats, but it was time for something new.  When I have noted on the forum how a dealer can change the experience, I now have practical knowledge.  My Nautique dealer service has been mostly subpar, and that weighed large in my decision to go back to Malibu.  

I landed on the 25 because of the size.  I miss the size of the 247, even when I had a smaller crew.  I am excited to be back, although I never left this site much due to the good advice and entertainment that abounds here.  

I will have the M6DI engine and no real special upgrades.  Triple axle trailer.  G3.5 tower, extended bimini, sport dial.  

I am happy to hear suggestions on the build.  My only disappointment is that the gelcoat pattern for the 2019 25 LSV is different than the 23.  I think it is going to grow on me, but for now, I am not much of a fan.  The boat builder has Aggressive, Classic and Progressive, but they are all very similar, with a big blocky main panel, no sleek lines like on virtually every other Malibu.  After playing around with the boat builder for a while, below is what I ordered.  I am happy to see what others have designed and would be happy to have any suggestions.  Red is not a must, but obviously tends to be my favorite.  I would prefer not to have any black.  Another metal flake option would run up the bill, so I would like to avoid it, but if it looks good enough, I could do it.  I usually would not go crazy and order something that would be tough to resell, even if I loved the look of it.   I have a little bit of time to make changes, but that is a recipe for getting it wrong, so sooner the better to be sure it goes in right.  

SnipImage (1).JPG

SnipImage (2).JPG

Looks great but you have to lose the tan soft grip and go with gray!

On 12/5/2018 at 12:26 PM, shawndoggy said:

NOOOOOOOO! Go white not black (with red).  Black is so pedestrian and IIRC it's not an upcharge to get a real color match.  White trailer under that would look awesome.

I love the build.  Go Utes!!!***

(***except when playing Nevada)

Love my white trailer!

On 12/5/2018 at 4:29 PM, TallRedRider said:

I had a white trailer under my G23, and I thought it was awesome.  But every little rock chip showed.  After 3 seasons and I would guess no more than 5000 miles, it looked a bit like I took the trailer out to the local rock quarry and spun brodies with it.   It was somewhat hammered in that way.  I even looked at getting it rhino-lined, but doing so after the fact was going to create some problems, so I just left it as is.  I got mudflaps after the second season, but there were so many chips, I am not sure it helped or not.  

Getting white in a heavy duty coating would be a serious consideration.  My poor dealer thought he was getting rid of me now that I committed!  

These are not tar stains on the trailer, they are chips in the paint.  And here is what a white trailer looks like under a white G.  I actually wanted a white tower but was overidden by my boat partner at the time.  (I got red, so had to give in on something).  

20171224_131849.jpg

20171224_131833.jpg

20160316_170648.jpg

This will not happen with the new rubber coated trailers. 

On 12/5/2018 at 8:30 PM, Eagleboy99 said:

Galvanized man!  And it goes with the grey colours.  :)

That’s what Skiers Choice does but you have to have solid grey panels on boat to make a coordinated match.  Supra dealer here orders all trailers that way for his stock boats but almost all have grey panels on hull , it does look good but forces color choices , I like a painted galvanized , yea mine has rick chips but they’ll never rust

On 12/6/2018 at 2:55 PM, SCMike said:

You can spend $40 bucks and wrap the leading edges of the trailer with some 3m clear bra. 

3M Scotchgard Clear Paint Protection Bulk Film Roll 6-by-60-inches https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VG8DS0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tXycCb1HRMNX0

Wish I would have done this when brand new but with having straight galvanized trailers with no paint before I wasn’t aware of rock chips 

ahopkins22LSV
On 12/6/2018 at 3:55 PM, SCMike said:

You can spend $40 bucks and wrap the leading edges of the trailer with some 3m clear bra. 

3M Scotchgard Clear Paint Protection Bulk Film Roll 6-by-60-inches https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VG8DS0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tXycCb1HRMNX0

Do you have any pictures of this installed?

On 12/28/2018 at 10:15 AM, DatTexasBoy said:

Nice choice! Anxious to hear your real world opinion between the G and the new 25.

I find the G25 to be inefficient in regards to better wave performance than the G23,  it seems that with 25 lsv folks say it is better than the 23lsv with little or no need for bow weight

the G25 was not an improvement from tge G23, did both same day and was not impressed though the transfers as usual were insane for any G

i think the old (2013) G23 hull with all its spray was a better wave than current hull

I had a G23, and can only compare that to the 25LSV.  Most feel the G23 is a better surf boat than the G25.  

The G hull changed in 2016 to decrease spray at the bow, and a tweek was made at the rear to supposedly make the surf wave better.  The majority of folks who have actually owned both think the newer hull creates a better wave, except me.    I am not sure I could tell a difference between my 15 and 16 G23 as far as surf quality.  The spray was a real issue, and is much better on the 16+, I couldn't get rid of the 15 fast enough.  Others who are used to calmer winds do not find it as much of a problem.  

Edited by TallRedRider
  • Like 1

Yes I was asking about the G23 vs. 25lsv.

I had the 18 G23 and spray was still pretty bad. We could not surf into the wind at all or you would get soaked. Other than that the G23 was an awesome boat. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, CJAY said:

Love those wheels on your trailer

Those are new for 2019, and they are called the Switchblade.  I was going to go with the 14 inch rims due to budget concerns, but couldn't resist going to the Switchblades and doing a triple axle.  

3 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

Those are new for 2019, and they are called the Switchblade.  I was going to go with the 14 inch rims due to budget concerns, but couldn't resist going to the Switchblades and doing a triple axle.  

That's money well spent.  The triple riding on 18's tracks soooo well.