Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Back in the fold... New 2019 25 LSV!

TallRedRider

Congrats, @TallRedRider!!

I remember your 247 so this is cool to see you come full circle to the same boat, two generations later!

As far as color, I like the red accents!  It’s suits you. That silver metallic is is going to pop and dance in the sunshine. 

I think the only change I might consider is going all black on the tower. I think it’s $400ish MSRP. Not necessary as you have silver on the boat to match, but I think it’s a nice touch. 

Cant wait to see some of these new 25’s rolling into TMC!!

Congrats, and looking forward to seeing your build!

Have you seen the Classic gel schemes that Active and Idaho Water Sports have done this fall? I think they look pretty good in person. I still prefer the 23 lines but the Classic 25 was really tempting.

893CF0B7-DDFE-4AB2-AD37-35576A5E969B.jpeg

084E2B14-5C14-4E00-B14F-A8E05C7D6425.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks beautiful @TallRedRider! I think a red hull would look sexy but that’s another ~$900. 

What color trailer are you doing?

I agree that picking colors/schemes was tough on the 25. 

Edit: adding pic. I think a red tower could look good as well, however that might complicate the speaker situation.

image.jpeg

Edited by G Spot

Congrats!  I’d love to upgrade to a 25LSV but just can’t justify the $. 

I hear you on the dealer experience. I’ve said before, I’m more loyal to my dealer than I am to the brand of boat. 

• Like 1

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing it on the local lakes. Wish I would have done the colored bezels on our trailer. Inexpensive upgrade that looks really nice. I messed around with a couple of designs on the boat builder. Here they are.CBB7EDE1-E6DC-4502-8349-8BBF0067EC8E.thumb.jpeg.876fcf3a7454078d924161f5b71bd4c5.jpegE32FAA90-EEDD-4D14-AC86-7B6B1871ABF1.thumb.jpeg.8609374aec3f2b31f0ef0b2b582fbff8.jpeg

• Like 1

While I agree generally that the lines on the 25 are a bit disjointed, I personally find them to be the best in Malibu's entire lineup at this time.  There are some boats (*cough TXi *cough) that you just can't make look that good with the patterns and the shape of the hull.  I've seen some new 25s on here that look sweeeeeeet.

Congratulations on the new boat!  Looking forward to reviews, esp coming from the Nautanks.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

I am going with a black trailer with red accents on the bezels.  

NOOOOOOOO! Go white not black (with red).  Black is so pedestrian and IIRC it's not an upcharge to get a real color match.  White trailer under that would look awesome.

I love the build.  Go Utes!!!***

(***except when playing Nevada)

ahopkins22LSV
6 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

NOOOOOOOO! Go white not black (with red).  Black is so pedestrian and IIRC it's not an upcharge to get a real color match.  White trailer under that would look awesome.

I love the build.  Go Utes!!!***

(***except when playing Nevada)

White comes standard with the rubber coating. Some love it, some thinks it makes it look dull. I do agree that a white trailer would be sweet. And I do think you are right it’s not an upcharge. 

Just now, ahopkinsVTX said:

White comes standard with the rubber coating. Some love it, some thinks it makes it look dull. I do agree that a white trailer would be sweet. And I do think you are right it’s not an upcharge. 

You can't get just a regular "gloss" white?  Agree that the rubber stuff is "polarizing," and I think would end up looking dirty over time.

15 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

You can't get just a regular "gloss" white?  Agree that the rubber stuff is "polarizing," and I think would end up looking dirty over time.

Starting 2017 or 2018 (can’t recall) all white trailers have the textured finish.... something about the paint showing rust?? And it’s not free. Pick white and I think it’s a $300 charge (aprox). 

Edit: I still think it would be a nice add to Tall’s boat. While you’re at it, make the tower white too! :frantic:

Edited by IXFE
ahopkins22LSV

Oh, I just want to remphasize @IXFE‘s suggest to make the tower hoop black. Soooooooo happy we did this. Makes the tower flow with the design of the boat much better imo. The gunmetal finish is weird too. Shows lots of hand prints. And there is no other gun metal finish like it on the boat. Sticks out imo. 

5 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Another option would be a red trailer, red hull bottom, and red tower. Oh hell yes!!!

Can they do silver?  That would look great too.  My only point being that the color matched trailer as a "free" or low cost option makes the whole think look really slick.

Until recently I used to see @IXFE's old 2012 vlx mostly white with black trailer a lot and that sucker looked awesome just sitting in the parking lot empty.

5 minutes ago, CJAY said:

I love that you can change the color on the graphic, I may actually change mine to red after seeing that

Agreed.  Kudos to Malibu for allowing this.  I just wish they'd open up the entire color pallet.  They only offer the logo in black, white, red, gray, and blue.  I wish they allowed the new Azure Blue.  

Just now, IXFE said:

Agreed.  Kudos to Malibu for allowing this.  I just wish they'd open up the entire color pallet.  They only offer the logo in black, white, red, gray, and blue.  I wish they allowed the new Azure Blue.  

I bet they do in later years, or even possibly in later year models.  I'm actually just going to a buddy who does vehicle wraps and see what it would cost to do the color I want on it

7 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Can they do silver?  That would look great too.  My only point being that the color matched trailer as a "free" or low cost option makes the whole think look really slick.

Until recently I used to see @IXFE's old 2012 vlx mostly white with black trailer a lot and that sucker looked awesome just sitting in the parking lot empty.

I don’t think you can do flake on the trailer.  Maybe on the fenders only but that fad came and went fast. I was never a fan because they could never match the flake of an automotive paint to the heavier, deeper flake in the gel. So it always looked a little off. 

Funny you mention that boat. One of my design rules is I like the tower and trailer to be the same color. I think that boat was Exhibit A!

FC850F43-A8CD-4D0B-88CB-031D965B03D0.jpeg

• Like 1