Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
RyanB

2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD

spikew919

On the Toyota forums, when they refer to the “big three” truck manufacturers, do they even include Toyota In the big three there? 🙈 

John I.
On 1/30/2019 at 7:10 AM, RyanB said:

I'd actually think of Toyota's as the Jay Cutler of trucks.

Stuck around for much longer than he should have.  Had lots of potential but never lived up to it, ended up just old and washed up.

On 1/30/2019 at 6:24 AM, Falko said:

and most importantly, gets the hot chicks...

Falko
2 hours ago, spikew919 said:

On the Toyota forums, when they refer to the “big three” truck manufacturers, do they even include Toyota In the big three there? 🙈 

In Toyota world the big three are, Tundra Gen I, Tundra Gen II, Tundra Gen III. 

And I love the new pic.

MLBurns

Got the call from the dealer yesterday to see if I want to put in order soon, he said they should be getting order options in next few weeks

Edited by MLBurns
spelling

jjackkrash

I am waiting for Nov.-Dec. when all the factory incentives kick in.  And hopefully a few reviews on the new tranny.  

jjackkrash

I am liking 20K from the bumper; that means I can get a 6 ton mini-ex and a triple-axle flatbed.   

Brantb

Those towing numbers are a HUGE jump from the previous MY

Edited by Brantb

jjackkrash

Good video:

jjackkrash

No de-rated first gear; 100% of the torque to the wheels in first gear.  

jjackkrash

Other than maybe the grill on the Silverado it looks like GM crushed it.  I can't wait for Christmas.  

jjackkrash

Great video on the upgrades to the D-Max.  

Pnwrider

No dmax upgrades could get me over the ugly grill on the chevys. 

jjackkrash

The GMC DRW 3500 Denali looks great, IMO.  But aesthetics are just personal preference.  

2017-GMC-Sierra-Denali-3500HD-front-thre

ahopkinsVTX
19 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

The GMC DRW 3500 Denali looks great, IMO.  But aesthetics are just personal preference.  

2017-GMC-Sierra-Denali-3500HD-front-thre

That’s the current model. 

This is the new one. 

95D8F572-803A-430F-8558-99421051E0C5.jpeg

jjackkrash

Oops, I clicked the wrong link, good catch.  I like both of them, frankly.  

MLBurns

I do like that they stayed with a complete bed side fender. I have  things I like and dislike on all big 3 US diesels. The biggest dislike is the JCWhitney fenders on the Ford duallys. That was the first truck to crack 6 figures and they did it with $20 bolt on fenders. I am anxious to see the new trucks in person to see what the front looks like at all angles.

jjackkrash

The spec sheet says the SRW 3500 Crew Cab diesel can tow 20k conventional (from the rear hitch, not fifth wheel).  That is pretty stout.  

jjackkrash

Anyone got any new tid-bits on the 2020 HDs?  I can't wait until they get released into the wild; waiting on real-world news just sucks.   

carguy79ta
On 2/10/2019 at 5:52 PM, MLBurns said:

I do like that they stayed with a complete bed side fender. I have  things I like and dislike on all big 3 US diesels. The biggest dislike is the JCWhitney fenders on the Ford duallys. That was the first truck to crack 6 figures and they did it with $20 bolt on fenders. I am anxious to see the new trucks in person to see what the front looks like at all angles.

Boy...JC Whitney brings back memories...I bought an exhaust cutout for my 200ci 67 Rustang..promptly rusted so I would have to climb under the car to adjust it. , then bought engine rebuild parts for the $10 289ci complete motor I had bought...fortunately I didnt swap it in...knowing what I know now.  I was 17. I did completely strip the car down and bondo  it and painted with 7 coats of lacquer.  It looked like a 17yo did it..those were the days...70s..also turned the pass. Windshield squirted to the side and would always squirt pedestrians and other cars..buddies..kids at the bus stop..

MLBurns
On 3/31/2019 at 10:01 PM, jjackkrash said:

Anyone got any new tid-bits on the 2020 HDs?  I can't wait until they get released into the wild; waiting on real-world news just sucks.   

Dealership called this week for me to go in and place my order. Was told there are some new color options that they will show me next Monday when I go see them.

jjackkrash

@MLBurns that is so sweet.  Please provide any details as you learn them, especially pricing etc.  

cptotr
On 4/3/2019 at 12:41 PM, MLBurns said:

Dealership called this week for me to go in and place my order. Was told there are some new color options that they will show me next Monday when I go see them.

Learn anything from your meeting Monday? Colors, options, pricing?

MLBurns

I had to put off order until good Friday, will post as soon as I get back from the dealer. Was told today from dealer that the Chevy High Country comes standard with all towing cameras and all other options,. The only decisions are sunroof and the color options. I am on the fence between the GMC Denali and High Country, I really love our 2019 High Country 1500, so I figure I will probably be out of GMC before long.

jjackkrash
On 4/11/2019 at 8:50 PM, MLBurns said:

I had to put off order until good Friday, will post as soon as I get back from the dealer. 

. . . taps foot impatiently.  :)