Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD

RyanB

I just saw the Chevy DRW in person the other day. I thought it looked pretty good, the grill will take time to get used to, but the overall looks with a full bed side fender make it look like it was always meant to be a dually. I'm glad GM didn't go with the glue on JCWhitney dually fenders.

I am not sure but I also think the whole truck is wider for this year.  The hips on the DRW don't seem to stick out as much as last year's model and the lines really do flow nicely for a DRW.  

Over the last three days I buffed and prepped for ceramic coating, coated it (Car Pro CQuartz UK 3.0), and then top coated it (Car Pro Gliss). And battled the weather, some rain, and cold. I probably should have waited for warmer weather, but I think it came out great, all things considered.  (last pic after coating but before top coating and final hand buff, IIRC).  

IMG_4453.jpeg

IMG_4454.jpeg

IMG_4459.jpeg

Edited by jjackkrash
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

Over the last three days I buffed and prepped for ceramic coating, coated it (Car Pro CQuartz UK 3.0), and then top coated it (Car Pro Gliss). And battled the weather, some rain, and cold. I probably should have waited for warmer weather, but I think it came out great, all things considered.  (last pic after coating but before top coating and final hand buff, IIRC).  

IMG_4453.jpeg

IMG_4454.jpeg

IMG_4459.jpeg

Just curious as to how much time you had in that. 5yrs ago, took deliv of a new chev 1500 and didnt let the dealer touch it. I washed, clayed, used the iron remover stuff, washed, check for correction..didnt need it..wow..2coats of sealer, then used carpro quartz stuff on the windshield. About 13hrs IIRC.

I agree with the comments about Chevy vs. The Gentlemans Chevrolet.  Was at the car show yesterday and the bowties do nothing for me but the GMCs look amazing.  Always been a Ford guy but if I was in the market it wouldn't be a difficult decision to switch.

9 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

Just curious as to how much time you had in that. 5yrs ago, took deliv of a new chev 1500 and didnt let the dealer touch it. I washed, clayed, used the iron remover stuff, washed, check for correction..didnt need it..wow..2coats of sealer, then used carpro quartz stuff on the windshield. About 13hrs IIRC.

Dish soap, clay bar, iron-x, tape off, multi-step polish (1 or 2 or maybe three step depending on panel, including a fine and super fine polish), chrome polish, eraser (IPA solution), CQuartz (2 coats), Gliss (2 coats).  I'm guessing 20 hours.  There are a lot of nooks and crannies and a lot of real estate on that truck.  Ugg.  

Edited by jjackkrash
59 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

Dish soap, clay bar, iron-x, tape off, multi-step polish (1 or 2 or maybe three step depending on panel, including a fine and super fine polish), chrome polish, eraser (IPA solution), CQuartz (2 coats), Gliss (2 coats).  I'm guessing 20 hours.  They are a lot of nooks and crannies and a lot of real estate on that truck.  Ugg.  

Do you typically do that annually?  Ever have to strip everything off, correct, then re-apply?

31 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Do you typically do that annually?  Ever have to strip everything off, correct, then re-apply?

I have not had any car coated for over a year yet, but I am hoping to get at least two years with proper maintenance and wash procedures.  I would strip and polish anytime I wanted to re-apply the base coat in any event.    

28 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

First Rain:

IMG_4467.jpeg

Aren't you supposed to let the ceramic sit and not get wet for a period of time?  I thought when they did my boat I was told to not to put it in the water for about 5-7 days.

I don't really have a choice.  But, in any event, when top coated with Gliss, Carpro says the critical stay-dry period is 1 hour, then if it gets wet within 24 hours, to simply wipe it down.  Then no chemicals or wash for 7 days.   Seven days is the outside cure period, and I can for sure see not dropping a boat in the water keeping it submerged for 7 days.  

Edited by jjackkrash
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got the fiver hitch installed and solved a communication issue between the brake controller and the actuator and took her for a spin.  Man, after pulling big trailers from the bumper with drum brakes forever, it sure is a treat towing a fiver with disc brakes.  It is a very smooth and stable ride.  

IMG_4626 (1).jpeg

Edited by jjackkrash