Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD

RyanB

I really like how the Chevy drives compared to the ford. Some may not like this but it doesn’t feel like you’re driving a big HD truck compared to the fords. I can’t speak for the new ford body style but the previous ones was the main reason we went gm. Well also, it was mammas daily at the time, so she got to pick. 

• Like 2

If you are into putting a tune on a diesel but don't like smoke go with the GM. They are making 1400 ft lbs with emissions still on them now that they cracked the computer. I had Duramax tuner tune mine with emissions for the first 85k miles, it put the smackdown on a friends deleted 12' powerstroke.

15 hours ago, Murphy8166 said:

I just did a DPF delete and EGR delete on my 15 Ford PSD.  SCT x4 Tuner with Tyrant tunes from No Limit Fabrication.  I have to try like hell to roll coal on the base 100hp tune.

I don't understand a word of what you said, except that it was about a Ford. I don't have time in my life for messing with engines.

Funny i just read through this whole thread and its amazing how much wasn't about the new chevy trucks coming out. They, for the record, are HIDEOUS. I haven't been a fan of fords, and dodges have looked like pigs until the newest ones, but wow the new fro t end of the chevy is just terrible. The neww chevy is uglier than a waketractor. Hopefully the gmc isn't as bad, cause i really like the new tailgate they are pushing.  

1 hour ago, asnowman said:

I don't understand a word of what you said, except that it was about a Ford. I don't have time in my life for messing with engines.

Funny i just read through this whole thread and its amazing how much wasn't about the new chevy trucks coming out. They, for the record, are HIDEOUS. I haven't been a fan of fords, and dodges have looked like pigs until the newest ones, but wow the new fro t end of the chevy is just terrible. The neww chevy is uglier than a waketractor. Hopefully the gmc isn't as bad, cause i really like the new tailgate they are pushing.  

I am not a Chevy fan, and when I first saw the new 1500's photos I thought the same thing.  I will say when I dropped my Yukon off at the dealership last week I drove past some new 1500's on the lot, and they look better in person.  Better - still not good.

My guess is the HDs will be the same.

On 1/20/2019 at 1:29 PM, Cole2001 said:

I really like how the Chevy drives compared to the ford. Some may not like this but it doesn’t feel like you’re driving a big HD truck compared to the fords. I can’t speak for the new ford body style but the previous ones was the main reason we went gm. Well also, it was mammas daily at the time, so she got to pick. 

The Ford still has a solid front axle, where the Chevy has an independent front suspension.

23 hours ago, RyanB said:

You better put some $$$$ into that Alison if you are upgrading anywhere near that.

I'm at 160k miles on stock trans, a little over 1200 ft lbs at tires. Not a bad deal to upgrade trans on new Dmax's if you can get all that power with just a tune and stay legal. Won't make that kind of power and be legal with anything else.

8 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Grill looks better, but I want to take a baseball bat to those fugly mirrors. 

But they look very functional.  Hard to make a huge mirror not look like an encyclopedia sticking off the side of the truck.  All in all a very nice looking truck.

Edited by oldjeep
6 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I get that complaint, but I don't really see a way to have a step like that further away without seriously increasing the height of the step or making the tailgate 2ft ish taller. 

Not really understanding the need since they already have those bumper end step cutouts - which I wish my truck had.  Those are a pretty elegant and low cost hard to damage solution.  I can step straight up onto my tailgate right now, but my knees are not going to last forever.

Edited by oldjeep
6 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I get that complaint, but I don't really see a way to have a step like that further away without seriously increasing the height of the step or making the tailgate 2ft ish taller. 

Here’s an idea... don’t put a step like that on a vehicle who’s primary purpose is towing/hauling.

• Like 3