Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skicommand neutral lock broken

I have a 2012 Txi with a 6litre 410hp motor. My throttle control is the ZF marine electronics ski command Which now won’t lock into neutral. Has anyone tried to fix or pull the lever assembly apart. This one is under 2 years old. 

44 minutes ago, Txi01 said:

I have a 2012 Txi with a 6litre 410hp motor. My throttle control is the ZF marine electronics ski command Which now won’t lock into neutral. Has anyone tried to fix or pull the lever assembly apart. This one is under 2 years old. 

I've taken one apart for parts before.  There is a rod/spring/c clip that the shift button moves.  Possible that one of them has an issue.  It is a pretty big pain to disassemble, but better than paying $600 for a new one

WP_20160811_06_27_03_Pro.jpg

Be careful when you revove the shift button.  It has 2 tabs that must be pressed in carefully to release it without breaking them.  A super thin piece of plastic like what a flexible cutting board is made of was the easiest thing to slide between button perimeter and knob body.