Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacement Cover - 2015 LSV 23 G3.2

OneZero81

Hi all,

My original OEM cover really did not last very long at all.  It became very fragile and has slowly begun to deteriorate.  It tears very easily and it's leaving a powder all over the boat.  Needless to say, it's also allowing water through it.  Malibu won't cover it under warranty.  What are my best options?  I'd like to get it replaced ASAP.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Edited by OneZero81
ahopkins22LSV

Evolution covers is going to be your best quality and functional cover replacement imo. Timing is not going to be ASAP though. Well worth the wait but Cory normally has a lead time. 

You could contact commercial sewing or Great Lakes canvas to see what their lead time. I’ve been very happy with my CS cover on our 19 but idk what the replacement would be on a 2015. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 9:54 AM, OneZero81 said:

Hi all,

My original OEM cover really did not last very long at all.  It became very fragile and has slowly begun to deteriorate.  It tears very easily and it's leaving a powder all over the boat.  Needless to say, it's also allowing water through it.  Malibu won't cover it under warranty.  What are my best options?  I'd like to get it replaced ASAP.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I'm probably going to have to buy one this year. What did you end up doing and how'd it work out?

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2019 at 10:05 PM, Chris said:

I'm probably going to have to buy one this year. What did you end up doing and how'd it work out?

Haven't purchased a new cover yet.

I also experienced the same thing with my 2015 23 LSV (G4) OEM cover (created by Commercial Sewing): deterioration, powder substance all over, splitting, and eventually full ripping.  After two new orders of CS covers came in with rips and in the wrong size -- last October I called Cory at Evolution and got my order in his queue for this May.  A couple of weeks ago, I was in Seattle and contacted Cory to see if I could swing by and see his operation.  Cory was amazing and spent some of his valuable time educating me on custom boat covers, options, tips, and why Evolution Covers are so superior.  I can't say enough about Cory and his customer support -- looking forward to my new custom cover this spring.

1 hour ago, jammer said:

I also experienced the same thing with my 2015 23 LSV (G4) OEM cover (created by Commercial Sewing): deterioration, powder substance all over, splitting, and eventually full ripping.  After two new orders of CS covers came in with rips and in the wrong size -- last October I called Cory at Evolution and got my order in his queue for this May.  A couple of weeks ago, I was in Seattle and contacted Cory to see if I could swing by and see his operation.  Cory was amazing and spent some of his valuable time educating me on custom boat covers, options, tips, and why Evolution Covers are so superior.  I can't say enough about Cory and his customer support -- looking forward to my new custom cover this spring.

What is the cost and timeframe for the evolution cover?

• 2 weeks later...