Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Toasted T23

Txstoj

Woke up to some bad news this morning.  Our 2017 T23 was destroyed in a fire at our boat storage last night at lake grapevine.  15 boats destroyed in total.  Not sure what caused the fire yet but have called our insurance to get the claim started.  If someone wants to PM me an email address is can send a few pictures.  I guess I will be ordering a 2019 assuming insurance gets worked through.

I am in Dallas and heard about this!!!  Sorry that this happened to you and I hope you all find out what it was the caused the fire such as a heating element or light keeping a motor block warm!

The guys at WSA will have you back on the water in no time.  Glad no one was hurt.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few pictures of the burned boat.   The surf board and wakeboard were on the floor next to the boat.  Someone threw them in the boat after they pulled it out of the unit.  Finally got the settlement letter from the insurance company today.  Now just need to figure out what we are going to get next.

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

Bring on the boat builder renderings!!!

too soon?

Nope, my wife was picking colors on boat builder this evening.  Trying to decide between another T23, an A22 or possibly upgrading to a 22lsv.

IMG_0002.JPG

Fire, ppppfffff, we told you not to use magic erasers on the vinyl, they're too harsh.

:biggrin: I joke because you don't seem too tore up about it, I'd be the same way, I'd be kind of excited if my boat burned to the ground right now.  Good Better luck with the next one.  

12 hours ago, Txstoj said:

Here are a few pictures of the burned boat.   The surf board and wakeboard were on the floor next to the boat.  Someone threw them in the boat after they pulled it out of the unit.  Finally got the settlement letter from the insurance company today.  Now just need to figure out what we are going to get next.

IMG_0030.JPG

First off - that is terrible, good luck on your search for a replacement

2nd - that has got to be the jankiest looking storage I've ever seen.  Is that normal for wherever it is you live?  Looks like an old chicken coup.

@Ndawg12 - not to upset by it buring up.  We only had it for a year and a half and it's just a thing that can be replaced.  My 3yr old was the most upset and would tell anyone that listened that "our boat got fired".  He has been by my side on the couch looking at pictures of new boats.  The biggest hassle is going to be getting rid of the old one.  Insurance is not taking possession so I have to find someone to cut it up so it can be taken to the landfill.  If anyone in DFW has ever wanted to dissect an Axis, I have a specimen waiting for you.  

@oldjeep - not that the building looked great before but the building panels are all warped and distorted because of the fire.  There are better ones around but this is what was available at the time I needed to find a unit.

2 hours ago, Txstoj said:

@Ndawg12 - not to upset by it buring up.  We only had it for a year and a half and it's just a thing that can be replaced.  My 3yr old was the most upset and would tell anyone that listened that "our boat got fired".  He has been by my side on the couch looking at pictures of new boats.  The biggest hassle is going to be getting rid of the old one.  Insurance is not taking possession so I have to find someone to cut it up so it can be taken to the landfill.  If anyone in DFW has ever wanted to dissect an Axis, I have a specimen waiting for you.  

@oldjeep - not that the building looked great before but the building panels are all warped and distorted because of the fire.  There are better ones around but this is what was available at the time I needed to find a unit.

That's a pretty sweet deal, there's several thousand in good parts still on that boat.  

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Ndawg12 said:

That's a pretty sweet deal, there's several thousand in good parts still on that boat.  

Agreed!!!  I wish DFW was closer, I'd go salvage crazy on that thing.

2 hours ago, Txstoj said:

I bet if you put it on CL for $2k it would be gone this weekend. The trailer alone is probably worth the trouble.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, barefootpaul said:

I bet if you put it on CL for $2k it would be gone this weekend. The trailer alone is probably worth the trouble.

Around here a 20 yard roll-off is $350, delivered and removed.  I'd get that on site, then I would work my way from one end to the other, cutting up the hull and throwing it in the roll-off one manageable chunk at a time and setting aside anything that is good (including the engine).  Then catalog and sell for cheap.  Put some new tires on the trailer, new guide cushions and a coat of paint.  There's $6k easy sitting there.

7 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

Around here a 20 yard roll-off is $350, delivered and removed.  I'd get that on site, then I would work my way from one end to the other, cutting up the hull and throwing it in the roll-off one manageable chunk at a time and setting aside anything that is good (including the engine).  Then catalog and sell for cheap.  Put some new tires on the trailer, new guide cushions and a coat of paint.  There's $6k easy sitting there.

Exactly. Tough I am more of the guy who who would take 1/3 the money for zero work. :biggrin: These days anyway. Or maybe I would try to sell it for $5k and wonder why no one is buying my project :whistle: