Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 23 LSV prop

fx4x4

hey only really surfing a 2019 lsv with the 409. 

have the factory acme prop 15x 13 number 2773

going to change to a 15x15.57 number 2277

trying to get better fuel mileage we are using over a tank a day .

anyone done this ??

thought ect

Haven't seen many, if any, comments from those running their own 2019 23 LSV yet but I've demoed that boat twice this fall. Both had the same engine and the 2249 prop, which is listed as the standard prop this year and less aggressive than the 2773. The 2773 is the torque prop option this year, and 2277 is the "speed prop" option.

I was pretty happy with the 2249, seeing lower RPMs (around 3500, depending on configuration), less fuel burn and it was a lot quieter than my experience this summer on a 2018 23 LSV with the raptor 410 and 2277 prop in similar setups. We're surf only too.

I've ordered my 2019 with the 2277 prop to see if I can get the RPMs even lower while still pushing the weight. I think it will do fine but keeping the boat balanced will be more important with that prop than with the 2249/2773s. I don't know your ballast and typical wedge settings but it could be something to look at with your setup too, regardless of prop.

If your PNPs are full, especially if they're larger sizes like 580s/650s, and you have more than 2-3 clicks of wedge in, you'll need an extra few hundred pounds or more up front to bring the bow down enough to lower RPMs with any of the props. Same for both 2018 and 2019s from what I've seen.

I have the 450 in my 2018 with the 2249 prop, and I’ll say I think it’s a bit over propped.  I just bought a 2277 and will be trying that out in the spring.  My 2249 was great in Tahoe though, but 80% of the time I’m near sea level, so I think the 2277 will do just fine.  The 2249 will be my spare and high altitude prop. 

Edited by SCMike
  • Like 1