Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds Revo 12 XXX + Amp

Kblagg

Amp, Syn-DX2.3HP or SDX2500

Compare, they are both 12", both work very well in a ported enclosure. Similar RMS range. In the marine environment, the XXX has the construction advantage, but the foam surround on the W7 should last a number of years with minimal sun exposure. 

It's not a direct bit of feedback, but I have some experience with the W6 instead of the W7.  Specifically the JL 12w6v3 and it's construction and quality.  I've built three ported and 1 sealed subwoofer with that driver.  The first one is still running strong after 8 years in a ported enclosure.  I sold that boat a few years ago, but still keep in touch.  I built one for a friend at the same time that's still going great.  I built a third with my new 2016.  First in a sealed enclosure that was a mistake.  Moving it to a ported enclosure was awesome!

Never any trouble with the surround or construction and every speaker spends the entire year under the helm stored outside on lifts.  All of the subs are being driven by JL HD750/1.  It's more than enough bass for us.  If I take the chains off it, the bass finds so many harmonics frequencies on the boat the whole thing from the tower to every fitting in the helm will rattle annoyingly.  Of course you're holding your hands over your ears so does it really matter?

https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/67521-ported-12w6v3-in-my-2016-22vlx/

• 3 years later...
On 11/20/2018 at 11:32 PM, Kblagg said:

Anyone have any experience with the Revo12-XXX?  How does it compare to the JL 12w7?  What amp would you recommend?

Did you end up going with the Revo12-xxx? Can’t find anything on them for reviews and wanting to know if they’ll compete with the JL stuff or not…thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 7:00 PM, ltroyer2 said:

Did you end up going with the Revo12-xxx? Can’t find anything on them for reviews and wanting to know if they’ll compete with the JL stuff or not…thanks!

I’ve got 2 XXX12’s in my boat now on syndx2.3 amps. They slam pretty good! They are 1200 rms, JL’s marine sub line only goes up to 600 rms, imo this is the best marine 12” sub you can get your hands on. 

Now if you throw JL W7 subs in the picture, that’s a different argument. But if not sticking marine there’s other options if you want to really put out some bass. 

That being said I’m swapping mine out for DC XL12’s on normal non-marine amps for next season. 2200 rms/

Not only is there a HUGE wattage handling difference between those two woofers Brandon mentioned, but their ideal enclosure type is different. Any woofer optimal in a ported enclosure is going to have a clear advantage over a woofer optimal in an infinite-baffle alignment. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MLA said:

Not only is there a HUGE wattage handling difference between those two woofers Brandon mentioned, but their ideal enclosure type is different. Any woofer optimal in a ported enclosure is going to have a clear advantage over a woofer optimal in an infinite-baffle alignment. 

Revo12FA is IB, but Revo12XXX is not, is it?