Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thermostat

Anyone have any idea where to look for video on changing thermostat on 2007 vlx indmar 340. Went to YouTube but no luck. Also, there is a screen somewhere to filter raw water, can someone tell me where to look for it? Any help greatly appreciated

this is easy, look at the back top of the engine near the chrome emblem that says "Monsoon" on your intake Plenum cover.  You will see your Tstat housing where you should have 6 hoses coming in and out of that house.  It will be a 2 bolt (14 mm maybe).  Remove the hoses and the two bolts and boom!

17 hours ago, Wilkins1 said:

Also, there is a screen somewhere to filter raw water, can someone tell me where to look for it? Any help greatly appreciated

You are going to have to look on the starboard side of the engine near the bottom middle of the engine in the bilge.  This is where your raw water comes in, then that hose flows into the Vdrive to cool that and out the other side (port) and routes all the way to your impeller housing at the back of the engine.  Somewhere in that route (if you truly have a sea strainer installed - was not a standard option I don't think) you should either see one of the below.  These pictures are from Bakesonline.com so if you don't have one, suggest buying one from there

indmar_strainer.jpg

11-21-2018 11-37-33 AM.jpg