Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally! Decided on our 2019 23LSV

malibu7

Very similar color scheme as in the thread a couple of steps away from this one.   

Very nice looking boat!  Good times are in store.  

Edited by TallRedRider
17 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That’s awesome! Your interior is going to look amazing! Black really sets it off. 

C3D32A1E-5B65-4193-B4D3-C766B9208733.thumb.jpeg.b131726deec5f9bcdf883b0e022e2f9a.jpeg

That looks killer! Can't wait to see it in person.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 1/18/2019 at 1:42 PM, malibu7 said:

The boat was delivered to the dealer today... can't wait for the warm weather to come around :thumbup:

Window tint is next up on the agenda, we were thinking 20%. What percent tint do you all recommend? Any of you in the Greensboro, NC area have a tint shop recommendation? 

Did you ask your dealer about tinting?  I know our dealer has a tint guy that makes regularly scheduled visits to do boats so I'm sure they have a "guy"

6 hours ago, wedge88 said:

Did you ask your dealer about tinting?  I know our dealer has a tint guy that makes regularly scheduled visits to do boats so I'm sure they have a "guy"

Unfortunately our dealer is in between tint guys because their old guy stopped doing window tint and they haven’t found a new reliable guy. 

Edited by malibu7
3 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

That boat is beautiful.  

The interior does not look as dark as your first post.  I guess you backed off and went with the lighter vinyl?  

The vinyl is the same color (Graphite) as it was in the first post. The online design tool seems to make the colors look a shade darker than they do in person. 

On 11/20/2018 at 12:46 PM, malibu7 said:

Well, we seem to have outgrown our 21 VLX and are ready to upgrade. After countless hours configuring different LSV color schemes, we have finally come to a decision on our new 2019 Malibu 23 LSV! As many of you have probably noticed, the "Build a Boat" configurator on the Malibu website is not exactly the most accurate when it comes to displaying accurate colors, both interior, and exterior. That being said, we were able to narrow down what color schemes we did and didn't like based on other members boats, inventory at various dealerships, and lots of different color scheme layouts built on the Malibu website. We are very happy with our decision and can't wait to see it on the water!

31036572447_158a48b473_b.jpg

32104693278_b464d945ee_b.jpg

Here are some of the other contenders that didn't make the final cut...

31036574727_13d099a590_k.jpg

31036574427_d680e448d7_k.jpg

31036575037_60bdd5d5f2_z.jpg

BTW, our 2011 Malibu Wakesetter 21 VLX is still for sale, click the link below:

https://lynchburg.craigslist.org/boa/d/2011-malibu-wakesetter-21-vlx/6737645184.html

Love everything except the tan soft grip, that color scheme is begging for the gray soft grip. Loving the trend away from white interiors.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:46 PM, malibu7 said:

Well, we seem to have outgrown our 21 VLX and are ready to upgrade. After countless hours configuring different LSV color schemes, we have finally come to a decision on our new 2019 Malibu 23 LSV! As many of you have probably noticed, the "Build a Boat" configurator on the Malibu website is not exactly the most accurate when it comes to displaying accurate colors, both interior, and exterior. That being said, we were able to narrow down what color schemes we did and didn't like based on other members boats, inventory at various dealerships, and lots of different color scheme layouts built on the Malibu website. We are very happy with our decision and can't wait to see it on the water!

31036572447_158a48b473_b.jpg

32104693278_b464d945ee_b.jpg

Here are some of the other contenders that didn't make the final cut...

31036574727_13d099a590_k.jpg

31036574427_d680e448d7_k.jpg

31036575037_60bdd5d5f2_z.jpg

BTW, our 2011 Malibu Wakesetter 21 VLX is still for sale, click the link below:

https://lynchburg.craigslist.org/boa/d/2011-malibu-wakesetter-21-vlx/6737645184.html

What motor did you go with?  

On 1/18/2019 at 1:42 PM, malibu7 said:

The boat was delivered to the dealer today... can't wait for the warm weather to come around :thumbup:

@malibu7 Your boat looks sick!  What blue is that color?  Our build is metallic vapor blue.  I think yours is flat vapor but it's amazing how different our rendering looks on my laptop...almost teal compared to yours is more of a royal blue.  And the silver?  We went with the metallic gun metal which is a little darker silver.

Black-Graphite-Vapor (Ext).jpg

Black-Graphite-Vapor (Int).jpg

Edited by eubanks

@eubanks I noticed in the boat builder the other day that Vapor Blue Metallic is showing up with the teal look to it. Almost close to the Azure Blue Metallic which is new this year.   If you save the boat and print it, the picture looks much different. 

On 1/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, eubanks said:

@malibu7 Your boat looks sick!  What blue is that color?  Our build is metallic vapor blue.  I think yours is flat vapor but it's amazing how different our rendering looks on my laptop...almost teal compared to yours is more of a royal blue.  And the silver?  We went with the metallic gun metal which is a little darker silver.

Black-Graphite-Vapor (Ext).jpg

Black-Graphite-Vapor (Int).jpg

Correct, our blue is the non Metallic Vapor Blue, and the silver is Machine Silver Metallic (the lighter of the 2 silvers). The online build a boat really does not display the colors very well through the computer which is why we had some trouble deciding on color schemes online...

Edited by malibu7