Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 247 LSV vs 2014 247 LSV

mfranksj9

I am looking at 2013 247 LSV. When looking at the specs vs a 14', it looks as if the hull changed from a "V25" to a "Wake Hull". Can anyone enlighten me as the the differences between the hulls and the resulting wake created? Thanks!

One single notch in the bottom  corners you can google the difference between diamond and wake hull.  Supposedly is a bit more cross over with the wake being a bit better for skiing.  Honestly on that boat I am not sure the difference would be huge.  If you are a pro and every bit counts maybe you need the wake.  I would say ballast would take care of any issues in that boat.  Hopefully it is an 8.1L or a 450+hp motor.  I would look more at that than the hull.  

The hull change is trivial.  

I think it depends on your elevation if the 450+ is necessary.  At sea level, you would likely be fine with the 383 or better.   Malibu was never dumb enough to put the 350 in a 247 (that is a jab at MC who allowed their 350 in the X45).  

What year did the 8.1 go away?  I was thinking it was 2011-ish.  It seems that beginning about that time, Malibu switched engine manufacturers so fast I can't keep track, so I can't remember what the offerings were.  

51 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

What year did the 8.1 go away?  I was thinking it was 2011-ish.  It seems that beginning about that time, Malibu switched engine manufacturers so fast I can't keep track, so I can't remember what the offerings were.  

I think you are right re the 8.1, 2011.  Malibu has mostly offered indmar (in v-drives at least).  The 2014 LS3 was Marine Power.  And early 19s seem to be offering the PCM 6.0 (crusader) motor.  But other than that all indmar.  2016 indmar went from chevy to ford.  

I know that @Bawshogg spoke very highly of the base indmar 6.0 in his 247 (2014?).

Regarding the hulls I'm pretty sure there has only really been one 247 running surface the whole time?

Thanks. However, after countless online rabbit holes, I still have not found the answer. On the 2013 Wakesetter there V25 vs the V25 diamond hull on the sunscape. On the 2014 wakesetter, the hull changes from a V25 to a Wake hull. Can someone explain the difference between the 2013 V25 wake (not diamond) hull and the 2014 Wake hull ?

On 11/20/2018 at 3:57 PM, shawndoggy said:

I think you are right re the 8.1, 2011.  Malibu has mostly offered indmar (in v-drives at least).  The 2014 LS3 was Marine Power.  And early 19s seem to be offering the PCM 6.0 (crusader) motor.  But other than that all indmar.  2016 indmar went from chevy to ford.  

I know that @Bawshogg spoke very highly of the base indmar 6.0 in his 247 (2014?).

Regarding the hulls I'm pretty sure there has only really been one 247 running surface the whole time?

:plus1: I didn't think the wet surface ever changed on the 247, 2006 to 2014.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mfranksj9 said:

Thanks. However, after countless online rabbit holes, I still have not found the answer. On the 2013 Wakesetter there V25 vs the V25 diamond hull on the sunscape. On the 2014 wakesetter, the hull changes from a V25 to a Wake hull. Can someone explain the difference between the 2013 V25 wake (not diamond) hull and the 2014 Wake hull ?

I think the 23lsv was the only one to get a hull change in ‘14 and that was to the “Wake +” hull.  VLX got this change in 2015 and I think the 247 changed to the 25lsv and got this hull maybe in 2016?  I’m pretty positive the 247 has same running surface in 13 and 14. V25 and Wake hull are different names for the same thing