Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordered: 2019 23 LSV!

eubanks

2 hours ago, Raleigh said:

How was the light graphite for heat and cleanliness this year?

We were just having this discussion in another thread.  Light graphite is much warmer than I expected.  I wish I had done white.   Keep in mind that I live in the desert and most days at the lake are already 105 degrees and the sun is very bright.  I think it would not be a problem in a lot of other places.  Even on Saturday, I was out and it was 95 degrees and I hardly noticed it being hot.   It is just those super hot midday Lake Powell days that I found it annoying.  I have been slow to adopt using towels since I didn't use to need them, so I just need to give in and admit that I need to do that.  

For cleanliness, it is terrific, I am having much fewer troubles with feeling like it is clean compared to my nautique white.  

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

We were just having this discussion in another thread.  Light graphite is much warmer than I expected.  I wish I had done white.   Keep in mind that I live in the desert and most days at the lake are already 105 degrees and the sun is very bright.  I think it would not be a problem in a lot of other places.  Even on Saturday, I was out and it was 95 degrees and I hardly noticed it being hot.   It is just those super hot midday Lake Powell days that I found it annoying.  I have been slow to adopt using towels since I didn't use to need them, so I just need to give in and admit that I need to do that.  

For cleanliness, it is terrific, I am having much fewer troubles with feeling like it is clean compared to my nautique white.  

OK thank you for the comment. It gets into the upper 90's and humid here. Temperature alone should have a direct effect on the seat heat. I am worried about humidity and mildew. Its probably a crapshoot either way. This is helpful in clarifying my decisions. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I had Azure and Light Graphite on my interior for 2019. Lots of it. I noticed it was hot until we got in the boat and started using it. I don't know if it's the wind, wet suits or just people on it but I didn't notice the hot seats after we got in the boat and moved around on it.

IMG_5508.JPG

Love that color scheme!

1 hour ago, NWBU said:

I know this was for TRR but my interior was light graphite and graphite. Light graphite is almost off-white for 2019/2020, and is somewhat close the old/discontinued moonbeam color. 

No issues keeping it clean this summer. As for heat, it was always hotter than my black gatorstep but it was fine for us. We also generally have some towels laying around that go on seats in the direct sun.

OK cool thanks! 

6 hours ago, Raleigh said:

How were they?

Light graphite is ok.  Graphite is "burn your skin hot" on those hot, sunny Texas days.  You either have to keep it wet or sit on a towel.  I accidentally stood on the darker portion for a few seconds last weekend and my foot was sore for a long time.  It obviously hides a lot more dirt IMO than white, so you just have to decide if it's worth it to go dark.  I say yes. 

Edited by eubanks
On 9/9/2019 at 5:11 PM, eubanks said:

Light graphite is ok.  Graphite is "burn your skin hot" on those hot, sunny Texas days.  You either have to keep it wet or sit on a towel.  I accidentally stood on the darker portion for a few seconds last weekend and my foot was sore for a long time.  It obviously hides a lot more dirt IMO than white, so you just have to decide if it's worth it to go dark.  I say yes. 

Just going through the configurator on what I want to do on this very topic..  thanks for the feedback!