Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordered: 2019 23 LSV!

eubanks

Ha!  Y'all are wise beyond your years.  I told my wife she got to pick the boat, the gel coat, the interior...I at least wanted to pick the wheels.  :lol:

Honestly, the inserts just screw in so I might order a black set to keep around and swap out down the road if I don't like the colored ones.  Win win!

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
1 minute ago, eubanks said:

Ha!  Y'all are wise beyond your years.  I told my wife she got to pick the boat, the gel coat, the interior...I at least wanted to pick the wheels.  :lol:

Honestly, the inserts just screw in so I might order a black set to keep around and swap out down the road if I don't like the colored ones.  Win win!

I tried that method with the trailer light bezel colors. She thought it was gaudy and stupid to match them to azure (why I thought she’d hate the wheels). But they still showed up on the trailer :blush:... now I hear about it all the time :lol:

I forget, whose boat is this one?  I am curious about that light graphite (old moonbeam) and graphite and how it was in this Texas heat.  I REALLY want to go light graphite and graphite for my interior, but as you can see in my first post, we got scared and went white and light graphite.  I will add I prefer not to be sitting on towels all day.  I don't understand the mentality of "sure the seats are flaming hot but they look great" as I don't think a boat interior covered in every square inch with towels looks that great.  :biggrin:

Interior.jpg

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, eubanks said:

I forget, whose boat is this one?  I am curious about that light graphite (old moonbeam) and graphite and how it was in this Texas heat.  I REALLY want to go light graphite and graphite for my interior, but as you can see in my first post, we got scared and went white and light graphite.  I will add I prefer not to be sitting on towels all day.  I don't understand the mentality of "sure the seats are flaming hot but they look great" as I don't think a boat interior covered in every square inch with towels looks that great.  :biggrin:

Interior.jpg

Thats my 2018. I can't really tell a noticeable difference in temp in any of the colors. I usually lay out towels in the bow for the kids and usually put out a towel on the back if we're going to be anchored for a while. Doing this helps with food crumbs, dripping water, and heat. We've never had an issue with the inside seats being hot, likely because our Bimini is always deployed. I suspect white would be essentially just as hot.

On my 2019 that I just ordered, I went with light graphite and graphite for it all, no white. 

EDIT: I will also add that I LOVED this interior and would not change a single thing about it. I was skeptical of this vinyl at first but really enjoyed it's resilience. 

Edited by G Spot
7 hours ago, G Spot said:

Thats my 2018. I can't really tell a noticeable difference in temp in any of the colors. I usually lay out towels in the bow for the kids and usually put out a towel on the back if we're going to be anchored for a while. Doing this helps with food crumbs, dripping water, and heat. We've never had an issue with the inside seats being hot, likely because our Bimini is always deployed. I suspect white would be essentially just as hot.

On my 2019 that I just ordered, I went with light graphite and graphite for it all, no white. 

You're making this hard!  Thanks for the reply.  I LOVE your 2018 interior.  The only difference in ours would be vapor on the inside seat base.  I haven't been in the heat on the new vinyl, but I guess it's just hard to believe that the white and light graphite aren't that different in temperature.  In our 2005, if you step from the white on our sun pad to the moonbeam (which we know is very light grey) you feel like you're going to have 3rd degree burns.  Perhaps the newer vinyls displace heat better, but that experience has me so nervous to go away from white.

Edited by eubanks
1 hour ago, eubanks said:

You're making this hard!  Thanks for the reply.  I LOVE your 2018 interior.  The only difference in ours would be vapor on the inside seat base.  I haven't been in the heat on the new vinyl, but I guess it's just hard to believe that the white and light graphite aren't that different in temperature.  In our 2005, if you step from the white on our sun pad to the moonbeam (which we know is very light grey) you feel like you're going to have 3rd degree burns.  Perhaps the newer vinyls displace heat before, but that experience has me so nervous to go away from white.

Keep in mind... the 2019 vinyl is all new (again) so comparisons to 2018 are almost meaningless. 

WSA tells me the 2019 vinyls is hotter. My response was an all graphite interior. Lol

• Like 2

I went with almost all light graphite.  Having been in it, I am hard pressed to believe it will be hot.  It is a very light color. The white is a brilliant white and will show every little smudge.  Given that my last boat was a brilliant white, and it was a little tough to keep clean, I went away from it this time.  

I do have a couple patches of dark graphite, but think I can deal with it.  On a 25, there seemed like too much real estate to not have it broken up a bit.  And I went with some red accents.  

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Keep in mind... the 2019 vinyl is all new (again) so comparisons to 2018 are almost meaningless. 

WSA tells me the 2019 vinyls is hotter. My response was an all graphite interior. Lol

This still baffles me as I say the new vinyl is cooler, by quite a bit. But maybe it reacts differently in Texas ;)

13 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

This still baffles me as I say the new vinyl is cooler, by quite a bit. But maybe it reacts differently in Texas ;)

You live where?  And picked up your 2019 in what month? :)   Perhaps it just hasn’t been hot yet.....

ahopkins22LSV
32 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

You live where?  And picked up your 2019 in what month? :)   Perhaps it just hasn’t been hot yet.....

Michigan, and in August - first 2019 20VTX :biggrin:. Had it out a few times in 86-88 degree heat. Sat one day in that for 3-4 hours then we got back to the boat and the black in our boat was very warm but it was not burning by any means. Could step right on it barefoot. 

ahopkins22LSV
30 minutes ago, inlandlaker said:

Makes me wonder what the interior of my boat is going to be like in the sun.

Yours will be fine. Especially with the bimini up. Plus from a couple of the recent posts on here, it apparently doesn't get hot or sunny in Michigan - it is on the internet so it must be true! :tease2: 

• Like 3
On 11/19/2018 at 3:42 PM, eubanks said:

@Wakesetter67's boat gave us some inspiration too.

IMG1596.jpg

hell yah... this is exactly what i would do. I wouldn't change a thing. Black is no harder to take care of and doesn't get as hot as you think. 

Edited by semi

Hmm...what to do?!  I think our white shows so much more dirt than the moonbeam.  I would rather go darker but just don't know how to make that decision without sitting in one with darker vinyl out in the sun.

I think you should go with the interior you love, and buy a few extra towels for heat insurance. There’s a bunch of guys in your area with those colors that are happy so I think you’ll be fine. 

Here’s another example of a light graphite and graphite interior in the ‘19 vinyl colors. I’m going with this same interior but changing the seat bases and cushion bead to black.

D367103A-393B-4101-85F4-F178FE02947F.thumb.jpeg.f977cec48c3ebc7b8ea2bbf00f649d94.jpeg1E407CFE-81A9-4312-88B1-42FCB6FC311A.thumb.jpeg.9b55e72e903a0702d2e6d85a99152990.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
On 11/19/2018 at 9:34 AM, eubanks said:

Well, we are finally upgrading our 2005 23 LSV!  So pumped and can't wait to get the new boat.  A lot sure has changed in these boats the last 13 years...including the price.  :lol:  Thanks Crew for all your help and support especially Ronnie and Gary.  Time to break out another thousand or two on some new toys now.

Black-Graphite-Vapor (Ext).jpg

White-Light Graphite-Vapor (Int).jpg

looks very similar to what I came up with.   Do you have real pictures of it?  

nK3RcldO8BI6cudCbotFVNZrYuuEG20V5AQo4wsv

Edited by 1107
picture
On 12/6/2018 at 2:21 PM, eubanks said:

You're making this hard!  Thanks for the reply.  I LOVE your 2018 interior.  The only difference in ours would be vapor on the inside seat base.  I haven't been in the heat on the new vinyl, but I guess it's just hard to believe that the white and light graphite aren't that different in temperature.  In our 2005, if you step from the white on our sun pad to the moonbeam (which we know is very light grey) you feel like you're going to have 3rd degree burns.  Perhaps the newer vinyls displace heat better, but that experience has me so nervous to go away from white.

I have all dark graphite and spend most of my summer in Eastern WA where is it 90-100 most days (not TX, I know).  I notice no issue/difference between the moonbeam on my old boat versus the dark interior, all vinyl gets hot on hot days. I personally like the look of darker interiors and they hold up better to dirt and grime.

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, Chappy said:

I have all dark graphite and spend most of my summer in Eastern WA where is it 90-100 most days (not TX, I know).  I notice no issue/difference between the moonbeam on my old boat versus the dark interior, all vinyl gets hot on hot days. I personally like the look of darker interiors and they hold up better to dirt and grime.

Again, I’m not in Texas but we had some hot days in the upper 80’s and low 90’s with our all graphite and black interior. Really was zero issue at all. I agree it’s no different than the lighter colors of the old vinyl. 

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...
On 12/6/2018 at 12:37 PM, G Spot said:

EDIT: I will also add that I LOVED this interior and would not change a single thing about it. I was skeptical of this vinyl at first but really enjoyed it's resilience. 

No issue with heat with the light graphite vs white? 

On 12/10/2018 at 3:27 PM, eubanks said:

Talked myself into going with the darker colors.  So light graphite and graphite with vapor on the seat bases.  Hope it's not too hot here in Texas.  :unsure:

How were they?

On 12/6/2018 at 7:55 PM, TallRedRider said:

I went with almost all light graphite.  Having been in it, I am hard pressed to believe it will be hot.  It is a very light color. The white is a brilliant white and will show every little smudge.  Given that my last boat was a brilliant white, and it was a little tough to keep clean, I went away from it this time.  

I do have a couple patches of dark graphite, but think I can deal with it.  On a 25, there seemed like too much real estate to not have it broken up a bit.  And I went with some red accents.  

How was the light graphite for heat and cleanliness this year?

1 hour ago, Raleigh said:

How was the light graphite for heat and cleanliness this year?

I know this was for TRR but my interior was light graphite and graphite. Light graphite is almost off-white for 2019/2020, and is somewhat close the old/discontinued moonbeam color. 

No issues keeping it clean this summer. As for heat, it was always hotter than my black gatorstep but it was fine for us. We also generally have some towels laying around that go on seats in the direct sun.

I had Azure and Light Graphite on my interior for 2019. Lots of it. I noticed it was hot until we got in the boat and started using it. I don't know if it's the wind, wet suits or just people on it but I didn't notice the hot seats after we got in the boat and moved around on it.

IMG_5508.JPG