Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordered: 2019 23 LSV!

eubanks

53 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Congrats, that’s going to be a sharp looking boat! Haven’t seen that exact color scheme yet but I really like it.

Thanks!  Black, Gunmetal Graphite Metallic, and Vapor Blue Metallic.  I really wanted the hull base black, but we had a hard time deciding on the hull bow main.  Most boats I see that flow best move from light to dark from bow to stern, but we fell in love with this color combo with the black on that bow main.  We thought bringing the vapor metallic forward on the deck main brought some color to the front of the boat as well.  Then we settled on gunmetal metallic to contrast with the vapor and not have as much of that rainbow effect as the machine silver.

On the interior, we really liked the look of the light graphite and graphite combo, but due to concerns over the heat here in TX we went white and light graphite.

That will look awesome!  Congratulation on the new boat.  I love the Gunmetal Metallic so much that I am doing it again on my 19'

ps...I think we have a LOT of wakeboard friends in common.

Malibu_1.jpg

Edited by Murphy8166
  • Like 3
46 minutes ago, eubanks said:

Thanks!  Black, Gunmetal Graphite Metallic, and Vapor Blue Metallic.  I really wanted the hull base black, but we had a hard time deciding on the hull bow main.  Most boats I see that flow best move from light to dark from bow to stern, but we fell in love with this color combo with the black on that bow main.  We thought bringing the vapor metallic forward on the deck main brought some color to the front of the boat as well.  Then we settled on gunmetal metallic to contrast with the vapor and not have as much of that rainbow effect as the machine silver.

On the interior, we really liked the look of the light graphite and graphite combo, but due to concerns over the heat here in TX we went white and light graphite.

I just realized you're taking Murphy's boat and flipping the white areas to black. You're going to find yourself floating in the water every once in awhile just staring at the boat in the sun.

What do you mean by rainbow effect with the machine silver? I'm switching from gunmetal metallic, which I absolutely loved, to machine silver this year and keep second guessing myself on it.

15 minutes ago, NWBU said:

I just realized you're taking Murphy's boat and flipping the white areas to black. You're going to find yourself floating in the water every once in awhile just staring at the boat in the sun.

What do you mean by rainbow effect with the machine silver? I'm switching from gunmetal metallic, which I absolutely loved, to machine silver this year and keep second guessing myself on it.

Like this....  Makes the water sparkle

FLoating.PNG

@Murphy8166 - Saw your boat late in the process, and as @NWBU said, we basically ended up with your boat but with a black hull instead of white.  The gunmetal and vapor together are sick, and your boat definitely helped solidify what we had built on the Malibu configurator.  It's hard to gauge these colors on screen so thanks for giving us a real life look at them!  ;)

@NWBU - At times, when the sunlight is directly on that machine silver, it creates this multi-colored rainbow look to the gel coat.  It doesn't pick it up in pictures but is definitely noticeable IMO in person.  The gunmetal should tone that down some, but we also just liked how well Murph's boat looked and thought the black and gunmetal would play well together. 

Edited by eubanks

I was worried about the white hull and front half of my boat and so was WSA - but they did not want to say anything b/c we had our heart set on it. 

When it came in, Bulldog started sending pictures of it to us and we were all much relieved!! 

With the black it will look incredible!! 

@Murphy8166 - Your boat looks great!  We went back and forth on doing a more traditional white and blue only boat, but we wanted something a little more modern.  I think our boat would like sick with a little window tenting as well.  Thoughts? 

Did you guys use WSA in Lewisville?  I bought my last boat there and was happy with them - now I need to replace ours that was just lost to the floods on Lake LBJ.  If possible I'd love to know what kind of deals are out there on ordering new - maybe by PM if you would be okay clueing me in.

13 minutes ago, Leftlane said:

Did you guys use WSA in Lewisville?  I bought my last boat there and was happy with them - now I need to replace ours that was just lost to the floods on Lake LBJ.  If possible I'd love to know what kind of deals are out there on ordering new - maybe by PM if you would be okay clueing me in.

Yes, we've known Tim and Frank since buying our boat back from them back in 2005.  We've always kept in touch with maintenance and at the boat shows, and we have been talking about upgrading for years.  It was finally feasible this year.  As I'm sure you've seen, Malibu has their year-end incentives right now so it's a great time to buy.  I believe those expire in a few weeks so you better order soon!  PM me with any other questions.  Most of your savings will be dictated by what color upgrades and options you're able to say no to.

2 hours ago, Murphy8166 said:

ps...I think we have a LOT of wakeboard friends in common.

I bet you're right.  I started wakeboarding back in the 90's but got hooked up with some crews when I graduated college back in 2001.  I was around in the early days of the N2 group, then Dallas Wakeboarding and Wakeboard Church as well.  I used to be addicted to WakeWorld but that site is sadly dying off.  After kids we've tended to stick around our own stomping grounds at Lavon.  Who do you ride with now?

32 minutes ago, eubanks said:

I bet you're right.  I started wakeboarding back in the 90's but got hooked up with some crews when I graduated college back in 2001.  I was around in the early days of the N2 group, then Dallas Wakeboarding and Wakeboard Church as well.  I used to be addicted to WakeWorld but that site is sadly dying off.  After kids we've tended to stick around our own stomping grounds at Lavon.  Who do you ride with now?

to go way back...  Couple A&M guys including Justin Harrelson would always come up a ride with us in Waco on the Brazos.  Bought my first Malibu in 2000 from Tim and Chris Crysdale (Supra now) and I bet we put over 800 hours on it in 4 summers on the Brazos.

I see you know JP at Watermark (facebook).  He and I are pretty tight - college and post college roomies - in each others wedding's etc.  Do you guys go to Watermark?

Small world for sure and the North Texas Wakeboard scene goes a wayz back!

1 hour ago, Leftlane said:

Yes - have used them since 2000 and now about to get our 5th boat from them (4th new).  There is not a better dealership on the planet, IMO. 

Your best bet is going to be to reach out to them directly and see what they are offering.  Every boat is different and every buyer is different.

Best bet is to call Rusty Scott - his office number is (972) 221-2377.  PM me if you want his cell.  

16 hours ago, eubanks said:

We ride on Lavon several times a week. Here’s our boat from last year (pic taken at Lavon)... gives you a good sense of what Vapor Blue Metallic will look like in the afternoon Texas sun. This is actually Stratosphere Blue but I’m not convinced it’s any different. Also, that’s Machine Silver Metallic on the front. 

Let’s get together this summer!!

9E13EBE6-DF1F-49D6-9496-AEABA1E679C7.jpeg

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, IXFE said:

We ride on Lavon several times a week. Here’s our boat from last year (pic taken at Lavon)... gives you a good sense of what Vapor Blue Metallic will look like in the afternoon Texas sun. This is actually Stratosphere Blue but I’m not convinced it’s any different. Also, that’s Machine Silver Metallic on the front

Let’s get together this summer!!

That would be great.  I LOVE your boat colors.  We almost ended up with the exact same color scheme.  I'm pretty sure we've seen you out there.  Come on our in March as we'll just be driving around breaking in the engine!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, perhaps I'm bored, but thought I would ask about trailer wheels.  We are going for the upgraded 18's.  I like the all black but my wife likes the inserts that match the vapor metallic.  Thoughts?  I think the inserts look good but just worried they are a quickly dying fad.  Here is the all black:

2018-12-05_14-02-57.jpg

ahopkins22LSV

My wife saw 18’s on a boat with color matched inserts at the dealer a bit ago, turned and looked at me to speak, I figured she was going to make fun of them, then said “why didn’t we do this?!” :dontknow:

Listen to your wife.