Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

17 23 LSV or 19 A24

Sparky450

Title says it all. I have a friend looking at a 17 23LSV. I am not sure of the hours but it is very clean. Has the factory system with icon 8s and power helm seat. It is actually pretty loaded. He is also looking at a ordering a 19 A24. He is looking for function and overall price. The 23LSV is listed at more than what he is getting quoted for the A24. They are not wakeboarders  probably going to be 99.9% surfing🏄

So, what says the crew.  Which boat will have the better surf wave?😄

The A24 has a much larger wave than the 23 LSV and is a much bigger boat. Not as fancy, but is very impressive if surfing is your focus. I would definitely take a close look at it. 

4 hours ago, Minnesota said:

The A24 has a much larger wave than the 23 LSV and is a much bigger boat. Not as fancy, but is very impressive if surfing is your focus. I would definitely take a close look at it. 

I don't know how you can say "much larger wave?" I own a 2017 23 LSV and my wave is very comparable with many, if not all, of the big boys. If you weigh the boat properly, the 23 wave is very close to a 25 lsv, and I really doubt if the A24 wave is larger than the 25. 

We currently have a 2017 24 MXZ and the surf wave is signifanrly larger than the 2016 23 LSV we had previously. The new A24’s surf wave is on par with our 24MXZ. It’s a heck of a wave for the price.

A24 will produce a larger wave, and the A24 will have a 17" prop with 2:1 transmission which you cant get with any 23 LSV.  That being said the 2017 23 LSV is no slouch either, never have any complaints on our boat.  I have been out in a 2018 A24, it is a beast.

Resale will be better with 23 LSV, it continues to be the top selling boat year after year.

• Like 1

Guys - similar topic for me.  I have a VLX now.  We need more space and a 19 A24 is in our budget but many of the bigger Bu's aren't.  We surf 100% of the time and often wonder would we miss some of the features our VLX has.  

Is the A24 and the 24 MXZ the same haul?

12 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

He is actually leaning towards the LSV.  We are demoing an A24 this weekend. Also gonna take a ride in the new 25😛😛

Please don't forget to report back your impressions.  

4 hours ago, roonedoggie said:

I purchased a 2018 24MXZ and was interested in the A24, They are different hulls.

Can you elaborate a little on the wave quality, and if that influenced you, or was it just the bells and whistles of the Malibu.