Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speaker ID for Upgrade

SpaceSurfer

I have a '15 23 LSV with the Fosgate speakers and amps. Wanted to know what the tower speakers are. Just saw Wetsounds is doing 20% off for Black Friday and figure if I'm gonna upgrade, nows the time!

The bow has the pm262b's and the cabin has the pm282b's. I think the sub is the m212s4b. 

Amps are the P500x2, P300x2, and P400x4

System only really makes sound when it's in the low-mid 30's on the volume knob. The sub, fugeddaboutit....it's useless...

IMG_3919.jpg

Edited by SpaceSurfer

Those are the Malibu Wet Sounds Icon-8. they are an 8" coaxial. If your primary goal is wake boarding, moving to their 8" HLCD would be an upgrade. If your primary focus is surfing or party cove listening, then moving up to the 10" HLCD is the all around best option. At only 125W rms to each pod (and the factory amp tune if its never been addressed), you can make a noticeable improvement by upgrading just the amp. An amp like the Syn-DX2.3HP would get it done. 

If you build a proper woofer enclosure and re-purpose the 500/2 to the woofer, you can make a huge improvement. 

The Syn-DX4 would double the in-boat wattage over the 400/4. Or the Syn-DX6 for in-boats and 600W to a 4 ohm woofer.  

Ok that's super helpful!

So you're saying, no matter what, I'm not getting the most out of the speakers because of the amps. So I can wire the 500/2 to the woofer after making a proper enclosure. Buy the Syn-DX2.3HP to power the towers. Buy the Syn-DX4 for the interior Fosgate speakers. If down the road, I'm not happy with the Icon-8's and upgrade to 4 10" HLCDs, will the Syn-DX2.3 still be enough or will I have to again upgrade that? 

I know good amps are never a bad buy, thinking of upgrading just the amps first and the sub enclosure and seeing how that works. If it's still lacking, then do the speakers next summer or nexttime another sale rolls around...

23 minutes ago, SpaceSurfer said:

no matter what, I'm not getting the most out of the speakers because of the amps.

All the way around, that setup will benefit from more amp wattage. 

23 minutes ago, SpaceSurfer said:

and upgrade to 4 10" HLCDs, will the Syn-DX2.3 still be enough

Sure will. That amp does quite well driving 2 pair of 10". 

Edited by MLA

15 hours ago, MLA said:

All the way around, that setup will benefit from more amp wattage. 

Sure will. That amp does quite well driving 2 pair of 10". 

Thx for the help!