Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Color: Love It or Hate It???

ftlbs

I have been having remorse since selling our Malibu. I just found another one for sale that’s in really good condition. I’m really interested in it, but I can’t decide if I’m in love with the color. What do you think? Do you love it? Or hate it? (GREY upper and lower stripes, ORANGE center, GREY trailer)

632dc1c8-3bea-40fb-a118-e360ac8899a3-ori

d26ed49c-55d4-42d5-aad3-f69e96915fd4-ori

Edited by ftlbs
ahopkins22LSV

I definitely don’t hate it. It’s not probably something I would design but if it’s a great used boat and it’s eveeything you are looking for I think it looks quite good! Some orange boats I hate and that definitely isn’t one of them. I think whoever designed it did a pretty good job. 

I think the exterior looks very nice.  Question is, what does the interior look like?  Not sure i could personally deal with orange cushions. 

The trailer would be a negative point to me, as it looks like an extreme rather than a boatmate. 

Edited by oldjeep

Looks good...like the others said, I wouldn't necessarily order new that way.  Buying used I'd be fine with it as long as the interior isn't some crazy mashup of nonsense.

Edit....now that I see the interior, I love it.  My boat came with an Extreme trailer and I have no complaints about it.

Edited by efjeld
Had to add another 2 cents....

I like it!  If you are going to do orange, then I think the best color to put with it is grey, which they did.  The interior looks great, just enough orange to compiment the exterior. I like the grey trailer too.   

I'd have never guessed, looked a lot bigger than that to me.  Axles seem pretty far back for a dd.  I'd make sure to see what the tongue weight is like and that they didn't stick an fxi on a vtx trailer. 

Edited by oldjeep
7 hours ago, oldjeep said:

I think the exterior looks very nice.  Question is, what does the interior look like?  Not sure i could personally deal with orange cushions. 

The trailer would be a negative point to me, as it looks like an extreme rather than a boatmate. 

After having Boatmates under our '02 and '03 team boats and an Extreme under my '01, I can 100% say this is bad advice.  The Extreme does a much better job of centering the boat, has a folding tongue that takes less garage space, has integrated prop cage rollers, carries the boat lower and between the fenders, has much nicer boat guides, and has a much better method of carrying the spare.  That and it looks better.

Boatmate makes a fine product, but I couldn't possibly be happier with my Extreme.  I'd consider it a plus to have one of those under a boat I was considering.

On the Orange, I'm not crazy about it, but I don't hate it either.  The FXi is a unicorn, as I'm sure you know based on your boat history.  They're neat.

Edited by UWSkier
9 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

After having Boatmates under our '02 and '03 team boats and an Extreme under my '01, I can 100% say this is bad advice.  The Extreme does a much better job of centering the boat, has a folding tongue that takes less garage space, has integrated prop cage rollers, carries the boat lower and between the fenders, has much nicer boat guides, and has a much better method of carrying the spare.  That and it looks better.

Boatmate makes a fine product, but I couldn't possibly be happier with my Extreme.  I'd consider it a plus to have one of those under a boat I was considering.

On the Orange, I'm not crazy about it, but I don't hate it either.  The FXi is a unicorn, as I'm sure you know based on your boat history.  They're neat.

Guess it is personal preference.  No way i would want that v block that they use under the bow instead of full length bow bunks. 

Boatmates have prop cage rollers, and a folding tongue.  And there is no way i want my spare under the boat instead of on the tongue. 

Edited by oldjeep
5 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

What the heck is an Fxi? Sunsetter, Response ? Never heard of one.

Steve B.

Fxi is a vtx hull with the engine in a direct drive configuration.  Pretty rare, but cool.  A ski boat with more freeboard. 

I'm not in love with the color, but I don't hate it.

If the boat was what I wanted otherwise, I would probably make an offer.  I would try to beat up the seller on the color though......