Sign in to follow this  
ilovetrains

did I break something

ilovetrains

We have run with a bag or two a couple times this season. Last week pulled the boat and washed it. For the first time noticed that the main floor section is depressed about 1/4-3/8 inch below the normal position. This is the large floor panel that looks to be removeable.

So, did I hurt anything? :(

Greg_S

Certainly is possible. I know in my 05 VLX there is a construction flaw that required the entire piece to be replaced. Check with your service manager if knows of any problems in the 06's.

I wouldn't mention the bag or 2, JMHO.

port the outcome in case others have the same problem.

Daman

Would say that you always have 11 people in your boat and would never, never use those stupid fat sacks. Because nobody on this website would ever use those things. Innocent.gif

vette-ski

They may have changed the construction since '01, but I'm pretty sure that large removable panel in my boat is an aluminum panel of some sort. It may have a permanent bow to it if it was overloaded. Pull the panel out, flip it over, and put some weight on it to pop it back into shape.

99response

Be careful pulling that pannel out, that honeycomb stuff strips if you look at it funny.

skyskier

I just replaced the floor in my LSV under the warrantee. It is a known problem. Call your dealer.

Gordo

My 04 VLX had the same problem. The panel on the floor is a honeycomb aluminum sandwich. Mine started "sinking" on one side - made a crunching" noise. Dealer said it was pretty common. They replaced it under warranty when it was about 1 and half old.