Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Audio & lighting upgrade; power consumption ect opinions needed

VTX

So now that the boat is put up im compiling the shopping list for things to do in the spring and need some help and information on what im trying to do.

2008 Malibu Wakesetter VTX w/ Illusion X Tower

Boat has no amp, and crappy Rockford fosgate (Already Replaced In-Boats With REVO6) in boat speakers. Single Battery.

So for sound im looking at doing this:
Syn-DX2.3HP for 2 pairs of REV10s
Syn-DX6  - (4) Revo6 , May Add 2 more at a later time. / Revo12FA Sub

Lighting (Everything already purchased)
Wet Sounds 4 Zone RGB LED Controller
-WS Spools (2)
-Random RGB's , Wire, Bus Bars
-Basically doing This:  https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/64021-added-a-couple-leds-to-my-boat/&page=2

On to the Questions now that you know what im trying to do/

Batteries. Can I get away with just adding a second high quality battery for stereo/lighting with the blueseas add a battery or do I need to do something more complex and add 2 Batterers for the sounds/lightning? I understand the more batteries I have the longer it will last but I just don't want to go out shut engine off and battery dead in 20mins from bumping music at the sand bar. So just trying to get some opinions on what you guys think with similar setups or what not.

Subwoofer. I read in another post about Free Air not good? The VTX don't exactly have a ton of space for boxes. I would love to cut a hole in the driver kick plate and install? recommendations ? Is there a custom box I can buy for that spot for a ported/enclosures? Don't think there was a factory option for a sub there in that year. Has the heater as well. What can I Do to add a sub to my boat?

Any input much appreciated. Thank You for taken the time to read this nonsense and hopefully replying!

10 hours ago, VTX said:

Subwoofer. I read in another post about Free Air not good? The VTX don't exactly have a ton of space for boxes. I would love to cut a hole in the driver kick plate and install? recommendations ? Is there a custom box I can buy for that spot for a ported/enclosures? Don't think there was a factory option for a sub there in that year. Has the heater as well. What can I Do to add a sub to my boat?

In short, an infinite-baffle woofer done properly, can deliver about the same output as a same size woofer driven with the same power, in a sealed enclosure. With that said, I do not think your VTX has a complete wall under the helm, and is open at the top. In this case, it will not support an IB woofer setup. 

I would suggest the HP model and build a custom enclosure to fit. 

10 hours ago, VTX said:

Batteries. Can I get away with just adding a second high quality battery for stereo/lighting with the blueseas add a battery or do I need to do something more complex

Yes. This setup is effective and simple to use.