Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Wakesetter LSV in Norman, Oklahoma - Anyone close?

Fish209

I am considering a 2007 Wakesetter LSV in Norman, Oklahoma. The price is within my budget and the pictures look good. I'm in Northern California so I can't check it out. Is anyone close to Norman Oklahoma? I'd be willing to pay a Malibu Crew member if someone would be able to go check it out for me :).

Boat Details:

• 2007 Wakesetter LSV
  • 850 Hours
  • Seats reupholstered in early 2018
  • Two 600lb fact sacs plug and play ballast bags in rear lockers controlled by dash switch
  • Power Wedge
  • ESC was replaced 3 years ago
  • Custom Extreme trailer with LED lights
  • Custom Wet Sounds/JL audio stereo system (6 in-boat wet sound speakers, 5 tower wet sound speakers, wet sound equalizer, 3 wet sound amps)

6985863.jpeg

Edited by Fish209
Updated for accurate location

Or...does anyone know of a trusted Malibu service center near the Kingston, OK area I could arrange an inspection at?

How about Wilson Water Sports (they appear to be a certified Malibu service center) in Edmond, OK? Anyone know anything about them?

Even Dallas doesn’t look too far away.

Thanks for any help!!!

Kingston would be a bit of a haul for me.  Any S. Oklahoma N. Texas members near Lake Texoma?

Wilson's are good people but they tend to stay busy.  Edmond is a long haul from Kingston.  I would think you would be better off trying to find someone closer to Texoma OR you could try Taylor's Wake Shop.  https://taylorswakeshop.com/  Taylor is a former Wilson's employee and has gone out on his own as a mobile boat shop.  I met Taylor through Wilson's several years ago and use Taylor to service my MC.

Awesome, thanks guys!

I actually just found out the boat is in Norman, OK. Norman is much close to Wilson Water Sports in Edmond so that makes more sense that he can bring it to Wilson's. Now that I found out the boat is actually in Norman, does that open the door to anyone closer to the boat :) ???

19 hours ago, windy1 said:

3 hours from me and I am leaving for Colorado but I second what nosnarb said about Taylor. He definitely knows Malibu's. I didn't realize he left Wilsons.

You're moving to CO?  We thought about moving to Tulsa, can afford a house on the lake there.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, racer808 said:

You're moving to CO?  We thought about moving to Tulsa, can afford a house on the lake there.

Just going to Breckenridge for thanksgiving (daughter lives there). The lakes are to good here to move away. If you get serious about moving to Tulsa let me know. I have been boating on the waters surrounding Tulsa since the 70's   

Thanks everyone!!! I spoke with Taylor (www.taylorswakeshop.com) and the seller. Taylor is going to perform a full inspection and lake test. If everything checks out and is in good working condition, it looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on this one soon :)

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

19 minutes ago, Cazan said:

Why did they replace the ECM? That’s usually something that is not a maintenance item or something you have to replace. 

I will ask. Thanks!

Mine ecm was replaced also. The ignition coil zapped it.  It was before I purchased it.  I'm guessing the cap or plug wires got too corroded and the coiled arced to the ecm.  The boat had sat for a few years with little or no use.  After a new ignition system and new ecm we've been running great for 350 hours in 3 years.  

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:55 AM, Fish209 said:

Or...does anyone know of a trusted Malibu service center near the Kingston, OK area I could arrange an inspection at?

How about Wilson Water Sports (they appear to be a certified Malibu service center) in Edmond, OK? Anyone know anything about them?

Even Dallas doesn’t look too far away.

Thanks for any help!!!

Wilson is great.  Todd and Laura will take good care of you.

Lots of family in Norman which is where Univ of Oklahoma is (where I went).  I'm sure they use that boat at Dirty Bird (lake thunderbird).  My cousin could go lake test it for you, he knows our boats probably because of me and always tows me when I pull my boat that way every summer.  However, honestly, I would have Wilson check it all out and pay a dealer.  They will provide a detailed response back.

• Like 2

I am actually working with Taylor Kress with Taylor's Wake Shop (www.taylorswakeshop.com). He used to work at Wilson's Water Sports (and then managed the place), but now does mobile services. He's going to be performing a full boat and trailer inspection and lake test.

Thanks everyone!!!

Edited by Fish209
9 hours ago, Fish209 said:

I am actually working with Taylor Kress with Taylor's Wake Shop (www.taylorswakeshop.com). He used to work at Wilson's Water Sports (and then managed the place), but now does mobile services. He's going to be performing a full boat and trailer inspection and lake test.

Thanks everyone!!!

Sharp looking boat. I like the blue.

Taylor is a great guy. He used to be a tech / salesman / pro at Wilsons and started his own shop.

He really knows his stuff. If you need a hand picking it up let me know.