Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the right ballast cartridge for a 2018 LSV?

SCMike

This past season I had a ballast pump fail on me in the beginning of a 7 day trip.  I’d like to be prepared this season and have a spare on the boat in case it happens again.  Can anyone tell me if this is the right replacement cartridge for a 2018 LSV? 

Replacement 800 GPH Pump Cartridge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001444ZYI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_I3V5Bb63Q6JBQ

also, is this something that can be changed while the boat is in the water or will I have to pull it out?  

Edited by SCMike
1 hour ago, Fman said:

@SCMikeI believe you need the 1100 gph cartridge not the 800.  I think the 800 will fit but seems like having the 1100 would be a better fit to match up with all the other pumps.

Thanks @Fman, great catch.  This one looks like it.  Says it will work on 2011 and above Malibu boats. 

https://www.wakemakers.com/shurflo-piranha-1100-aerator-ballast-pump.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2YTs997L3gIVkMVkCh0Mjwo2EAQYAyABEgIG6_D_BwE

I have some new old stock (maybe 5 years old) cartridge replacements and they say 800/1100 replacements. I think the cartridges are the same and only the housing inlet/outlets are larger on the 1100s.

Correct me if that is incorrect.

7 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

I have some new old stock (maybe 5 years old) cartridge replacements and they say 800/1100 replacements. I think the cartridges are the same and only the housing inlet/outlets are larger on the 1100s.

Correct me if that is incorrect.

inlet is .75 for both.. outlet is .75 for the 800 and 1 1/8 for the 1100... not sure if there is a rpm difference or other housing differences.