Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
hawaiianstyln

Cross Reference parts list - Monsoon

Recommended Posts

hawaiianstyln

Anyone already have a cross reference parts list for the Monsoon or equivalent before I begin that journey?  Sometimes I would like to support local businesses or simply googleShop because everyone's price seems sky high.  Problem is trying to cross reference indmar part numbers.  I had a good reference chart moons ago for my 04 VLX, but can't find it and it wasn't exactly the same engine components.  Spent the time on that chart because living in Hawaii and shipping isn't always cheap if I could find local on the islands.

currently trying to cross ref these:

  • HVS Cap/Rotor
  • Spark Plug and Wires for HVS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
powbmps

@hawaiianstyln what motor is in your boat?  I have a pdf from Indmar that shows all the parts with part numbers.  It is specifically for the Monsoon 350, but I have still found it useful for my Monsoon 335.  Message me and I can email it over.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep

HVS Cap and rotor  D329A/D465 - Delco

HVS Cap and rotor  120141/130141 - Accel

Plug wires are a pain, I wound up buying an Indmar set.  There are no automotive sets that have the right length coil wire (that I could find)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hawaiianstyln
1 hour ago, powbmps said:

@hawaiianstyln what motor is in your boat?  I have a pdf from Indmar that shows all the parts with part numbers.  It is specifically for the Monsoon 350, but I have still found it useful for my Monsoon 335.  Message me and I can email it over.  

2008 Monsoon 340 but I'm not looking for indmar part numbers.  I was looking for cross reference part #'s for options, especially if I can buy local different brand or online cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hawaiianstyln
56 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

HVS Cap and rotor  D329A/D465 - Delco

HVS Cap and rotor  120141/130141 - Accel

Plug wires are a pain, I wound up buying an Indmar set.  There are no automotive sets that have the right length coil wire (that I could find)

thank you @oldjeep, I was running into that looking online for the plug wires.  I will just go to skidim/bakes for those.  Plus I don't think they sell the blue wires anymore from what I read.  Not sure why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep
28 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

thank you @oldjeep, I was running into that looking online for the plug wires.  I will just go to skidim/bakes for those.  Plus I don't think they sell the blue wires anymore from what I read.  Not sure why.

There was something wrong with the blue wires, the black ones are the new version.  Pretty sure I got mine a Bakes a couple years ago - around $100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JasonK

I wouldn't buy the Accell brand cap and rotor. Mine only lasted 30 hours this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadMan
2 hours ago, JasonK said:

I wouldn't buy the Accell brand cap and rotor. Mine only lasted 30 hours this summer.

Interesting, I've had those on multiple cars and boats for years without an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cazan
3 hours ago, JasonK said:

I wouldn't buy the Accell brand cap and rotor. Mine only lasted 30 hours this summer.

I have heard this lately.  I believe they used to make parts in Canada but now China.  Not sure if it’s true but could be something to it.  I just bought an Accel cap and rotor so we’ll see how it holds up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep
3 hours ago, JasonK said:

I wouldn't buy the Accell brand cap and rotor. Mine only lasted 30 hours this summer.

Mine has been on for 3 years.  What happened to yours?  Cracked, burnt?

Edited by oldjeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JasonK

It looked fine but the engine wouldn't start. It did seem a little loose when I took it off, but the cap screws were tight. And it was tight when I put it on. I replaced the cap & rotor that came with the boat in June because the boat stalled and wouldn't start. I checked for spark and it looked weak and only sparked twice while cranking for 2 seconds. Then 3 months and 30 hours later it wouldn't start. I grab the cap and it wiggled just a bit. Checked the screws and they were tight. I don't know how it could be loose with tight screws. So I changed it anyway with another Accell and put 20 hours on the cap/rotor and now it's winterized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep
14 minutes ago, JasonK said:

It looked fine but the engine wouldn't start. It did seem a little loose when I took it off, but the cap screws were tight. And it was tight when I put it on. I replaced the cap & rotor that came with the boat in June because the boat stalled and wouldn't start. I checked for spark and it looked weak and only sparked twice while cranking for 2 seconds. Then 3 months and 30 hours later it wouldn't start. I grab the cap and it wiggled just a bit. Checked the screws and they were tight. I don't know how it could be loose with tight screws. So I changed it anyway with another Accell and put 20 hours on the cap/rotor and now it's winterized.

You realize that those screws are self tapping?  So it is entirely possible for them to feel tight and the cap still be loose.

Edit - well on an HVS system like we are talking about.  Not sure what is on your 06

Edited by oldjeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JasonK

Yes. And the 1st cap came with oversize screws in case the threads are stripped. I used the original and locktite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
electricjohn
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, oldjeep said:

Mine has been on for 3 years.  

5 seasons so far on my most recent Accel, still looking good.  I used to get only two years out of the North American made ones, odd.  I average about 50 hrs a season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sixball

Ran Accel  on the drag strips for A lot of years. Never had any issues. We did not run Accel plugs. Ran over 13,000 RPM on some packages.  One thing you may want to look at is the shaft in the distributor. If it has play in it you may need to rebuild or replace the distributor  itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JasonK

Good to know thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...