Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Helm Seat

eubanks

What is everybody's thoughts on the new helm seat?  I like the idea of moving to the seat with the side cutouts similar to the Nautiques so you can sit sideways without having to swivel the chair.  Not sure that it was well executed though as sitting sideways did not seem that comfortable.  But the thing that bothers us the most is the fact that the bolster does not sit flush to the rest of the seat.  It is raised when in the down position making the seat uncomfortable in our opinion. Thoughts on the new seat?

Pic #9 shows this elevate bolster well.

https://www.malibuboats.com/boat/wakesetter-23-lsv

ahopkins22LSV

That’s strange. I love the new seat in our 2019 vtx. Bolster is definitely level with the rest of the seat. If I’m going to sit sideways for a long time I still use the swivel. But it’s very nice that I can just turn to talk to a rider or someone in the boat without swiveling the seat. The back rest is also taller which helps me as I’m 6’1” and in that seat A LOT. 

That picture is a rendering so I don’t know how much I’d bank on that being how it actually is. I also don’t know how you could think sitting sideways for a long period of time would be comfortable unless there are absolutely no sides. I’m not surprised if you sit sideways for a period of time it’s not the best. But for entry/exit and quick turns to talk to the rider it’s aeesome. 

Edited by ahopkinsVTX

Granted I only crawled around a 2019 for a bit in a showroom, but was a bit underwhelmed by the side seating position.  Granted, it is an improvement over previous years but I think Nautique still executes that aspect of the seat better.  I don’t recall the bolster being an issue.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That picture is a rendering so I don’t know how much I’d bank on that being how it actually is.

Our experience has been from sitting in the 2019's.  We thought the seat felt strange and then noticed it doesn't sit flush.  I was just trying to find a picture showing it but the rendering is the same as how it actually got built.  Just seems weird that it doesn't sit flush.

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, eubanks said:

Our experience has been from sitting in the 2019's.  We thought the seat felt strange and then noticed it doesn't sit flush.  I was just trying to find a picture showing it but the rendering is the same as how it actually got built.  Just seems weird that it doesn't sit flush.

Hmm, I will have to take a look at mine this weekend when I take it to storage. We put 53 hours on it since August when we got it and I didn't notice at all.

On 11/4/2018 at 6:52 PM, hethj7 said:

Granted I only crawled around a 2019 for a bit in a showroom, but was a bit underwhelmed by the side seating position.  Granted, it is an improvement over previous years but I think Nautique still executes that aspect of the seat better.  I don’t recall the bolster being an issue.  

To me, it seems like the side seating position is there, but not nearly as good as Nautique. It seems like Malibu put together something at the last minute without a lot of thought on design. It is an improvement, but they could have made the seat much better IMO.