Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where were you when the site went out?

justgary

2 hours ago, footndale said:

The other site I'm on anyways and do the web admin for,  https://www.pugski.com/.

Updates can go so smooth in test and then, BOOM! in production something goes wrong. I'm sure @Malibudude wish he could get that time back. :)

What's that saying in IT..... Don't touch the red button.... Lol.  Still have more work to do this was fixing it to get back up.... Next it's to prevent this from happening again.

It's strange, but I actually got my software working yesterday.  Seems that I was able to focus a bit more on work....

Glad everything is back to normal today! 

On 11/2/2018 at 6:13 AM, Malibudude said:

What's that saying in IT..... Don't touch the red button.... Lol.  Still have more work to do this was fixing it to get back up.... Next it's to prevent this from happening again.

People in IT don't say that, because they already know better. :Tease3:

No more touching things for you, you're banned from any more "fixing".

• Like 2
On 11/2/2018 at 8:05 AM, WakeGirl said:

People in IT don't say that, because they already know better. :Tease3:

No more touching things for you, you're banned from any more "fixing".

Welcome back!  :)

The root folder appeared to be, but the site itself was pointed to use 7. I've aligned everything on 7 so we may see a bump in speed, but it's hard to know what the actual effect of having mismatches like that across the installation would be.

Uh oh, my old antique home system is still running on XP and found this weekend I can no longer log in here.  Don't suppose there's anything I can do other than join the current century??

40 minutes ago, Rednucleus said:

Uh oh, my old antique home system is still running on XP and found this weekend I can no longer log in here.  Don't suppose there's anything I can do other than join the current century??

Too many security risks with XP since it hasn't been supported for over 4 years.  If you only use it for browsing then install Ubuntu on it.

21 hours ago, WakeGirl said:

What is the problem that you're encountering?

It says "site cannot provide a secure connection themalibucrew uses an unsupported protocol

ERR_SLL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rednucleus said:

Not trying to be a pest, but can you tell me why bucrew is the only place I go that gives me this problem? 

Better encryption. 

As Ben said, ubuntu is a great solution.  Careful, though, you might get used to not having Billware.

I still use XP on my milling machine running Mach 3. It is in my shop, with no Internet, and only sees the same thumb drive with new g code programs.