Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Intake manifold gasket life expectancy

hawaiianstyln

36 minutes ago, svnfightsvn said:

Use this diagram. If your cooling hoses already match this, you have the replumb kit already 

http://www.themalibucrew.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=28242

Hmmm, it doesn't look like I have it if you look at my engine.  (sorry I have a riser and plenum missing, haa)

I don't have the riser hose routing to the "exhaust dump", which is sort of confusing.  Another stupid question but wouldn't that mean you have to drill a hole into the muffler to dump that partIMG_1910.thumb.jpg.d58948b1cfbd0d6aa9e3c83f207967a2.jpg

48 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

Hmmm, it doesn't look like I have it if you look at my engine.  (sorry I have a riser and plenum missing, haa)

I don't have the riser hose routing to the "exhaust dump", which is sort of confusing.  Another stupid question but wouldn't that mean you have to drill a hole into the muffler to dump that partIMG_1910.thumb.jpg.d58948b1cfbd0d6aa9e3c83f207967a2.jpg

Yea you don’t have it. It seems a little steep at $120 for what amounts to a few feet of hose but it’s worth it to prevent the risers from overheating (and melting those nylon elbows). And no you don’t need to drill anything. The “dump” is the stainless piece beteeen the manifold and the muffler and it already has the cooling hose connection

Edited by svnfightsvn
  • Like 1

okay that makes sense now.  The dump hose goes from the top of the riser to the port on the stainless 45 degree section.  I'm going to bakes now to buy this kit and new 90 degree nylon fittings

Thank you!