Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monsoon M5Di

Woodski

ahopkins22LSV

I saw that. I think it will be here very soon too. They are in spring, going into summer down there so I get why they may get first dibs at it - for this time a year. I hope it takes care of the acceleration issue. 

• Like 2

About time we got something before you guys.....:lol:

We just sold our ski club 2017 TXI for the 2018 TXI and opted for the old monsoon engine. The FORD raptor 410 just wouldn't cut it in acceleration.....

4 hours ago, AussieSkier said:

We just sold our ski club 2017 TXI for the 2018 TXI and opted for the old monsoon engine. The FORD raptor 410 just wouldn't cut it in acceleration.....

Say wha??   I could see picking the older motor for other reasons perhaps, but because it won’t accelerate well enough? 

17 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Say wha??   I could see picking the older motor for other reasons perhaps, but because it won’t accelerate well enough? 

Yes, in the course it wont get to speed in time for the first buoy. The Raptor was also very sensitive with the perfect pass.

On 10/28/2018 at 10:34 PM, AussieSkier said:

You guys had the Raptor in your TXis down there?  Up here, we never had anything but GM blocks.  Similar issue though with the 6.0L GM block Crusader engines.  They are starved for cool intake air and the ECM is de-rating them to the point of them being complete dogs.  Lots of guys have had that problem and a few have solved it by venting the motor box, adding a blower (MC had this issue and solution too).

9 hours ago, UWSkier said:

You guys had the Raptor in your TXis down there?  Up here, we never had anything but GM blocks.  Similar issue though with the 6.0L GM block Crusader engines.  They are starved for cool intake air and the ECM is de-rating them to the point of them being complete dogs.  Lots of guys have had that problem and a few have solved it by venting the motor box, adding a blower (MC had this issue and solution too).

Yes FORD Raptor 410 standard in Txi until 2019