Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shipping cover

fastmcars

Ok, maybe a stupid question. I received the shipping cover with my 2016 LSV, but I’ve never put it on. Has anyone ever put one of these on? Do I need to remove anything? Any tips?

Assuming it was on for initial delivery to the dealer, they have to remove it. Sometimes the main straps are cut, which will make it hard to tighten on the boat. Have you unrolled it to see if any of the straps were cut?

I asked for mine and it was removed without cutting. So I have used it for travailing one time. and I keep it for that reason. Mine has a soft felt like coating inside. 

If you wish to keep the cover for winter storage it would need to have some vents put in. Its not hard to do but must be done.  I make vents out of gallon jugs. Cut the bottoms off,  cut the jug in half and use the top half to make a vent. You will need to cover it with shrink wrap or the tape used on shrink wrap to weld it to the cover. Then cut the shrink wrap under the small end out on the shipping cover. just face the vent down so water or weather can't get into the boat. Or you can buy shrink wrap vents.  Put four or so vents spreed around the boat. 

You need to make sure it is completely dry and water tight. Obviously if done right they won’t go moldy as boat shipments tend to sit for months before being opened. 

So it must be completely dry with zero holes. I had one for my tige that I used because it didn’t ship with the cover it was good until it got a slight rip and couldn’t seal it if I tried.