Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Side by side comparison of VTX vs. Sunscape LSV 20' ???

TTUWATERSKI

I see that the LSV 20' is 100 pounds lighter, but what are the other differences?

Is the sunscape going to be more of a price point boat then the VTX?

Does the VTX have different standard equipment or different options than the LSV 20' ?

I need to order the boat during the first week of October so I am running out of time. My dealer has no catalogue yet and the website is still 2006 models. I am nervous about buying a boat sight unseen. You guys have been a great help so far I just need a few more details.

Is an LSV 20' with a wakeboard package essentially going to be the same boat as a VTX?

The LSV is on the Cut Diamond hull while the VTX is on the V25 Wake hull - big difference. The LSV will be for people that want a vdrive layout in a boat that will still perform well as a slalom boat. The VTX will be for people that want a good wakeboarding wake in a small boat. For similarly equipped boats, I would expect the LSV to cost a little more, BICBW. The package differences will be mainly in ballast & tower - the VTX will come with all of that stuff, with tanks under the floor while the LSV will not (Malibu will offer that stuff as an option, but generally it's more expensive to get it that way - one other thing, the rear tanks on the LSV will probably be above the floor instead of under). There will be other differences like gel & sticker patterns for example, but the tower & ballast are probably the 2 biggies. To further confuse things, in 2006 Malibu allowed people to order Wakesetters on the Diamond hull, so they were able to get the wakesetter packages with the ski hull probably costing them a little less than ordering an LSV & adding the options to make it a Fakesetter. I don't know if there was a charge to do that or not & I don't yet know if they will be offering that as an option for 2007.

Oh man I am terribly confused now.

I thought that you could get a VTX on the cut diamond hull.

-need clarification

-will this be a price upgrade?

My dealer can't give me a quote on either of these boats because they don't have the catalogue and pricing information.

I don't want to end up buying another RLXI if I can get a bare bones Vdrive with the cut diamond hull for the same price as a loaded RLXI.

Edited by TTUWATERSKI
Oh man I am terribly confused now.

I thought that you could get a VTX on the cut diamond hull.

-need clarification

-will this be a price upgrade?

My dealer can't give me a quote on either of these boats because they don't have the catalogue and pricing information.

I don't want to end up buying another RLXI if I can get a bare bones Vdrive with the cut diamond hull for the same price as a loaded RLXI.

In 2006 this was something that Malibu would do, but I'm not sure if they'll do it in 2007. I say that because I haven't heard - I'd say probably so, but I didn't want to state something as fact without knowing for sure. As for whether or not there's a price upgrade, that I don't know.

I am very interested to check out the VTX on a cut diamond hull. I'll have to talk with my dealer and see if they are going to be getting any in - or at least the LSV version to get an idea of the slalom and boarding wakes.

OK - always being a DD guy, I guess I don't understand the diff between the VTX and the LSV, or the diff between the VLX and LSV - I always thought it was that the VLX was on a wake hull and the LSV on the Diamond hull, everything else remained the same.