Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Nitrousbird

Help me find the right tonneau cover for me

dlb

Looks like the “deal” worked out.

KDCr7

Looks great! Did that one come with the lighting?

t a
On 10/29/2018 at 8:20 AM, wedge88 said:

Mine is just the Flex.  Never had to lift the cover to close the gate.  I've had this truck 2+ years and the cover was on it when I bought.  I also see in your excel sheet that you're concerned that the cover is offset from rear window when open.  I have driven to our hunting lease 2-3 times with cover in open position and never had an issue and our hunting lease is 4.5 hours away at mostly 75-80mph driving.  I was skeptical as all my other trucks had over the rail lift up covers except for the last one.  That truck had a Pace Edwards switchblade which was noisy when rear window was open, couldn't hold any weight and I was locked out of it a few times with ice in the rails.  

I also just have the Flex and have never had to lift the cover to close the tailgate.  I don’t really like folding it all the way up to the cab though (nice to have the option but don’t like not having visibility out rear window).  If I know I’m gonna need the whole bed I just take it off.  Once the rails are all mounted up, install/uninstall time is like 2-3 min.  I will def buy another on my next truck.

oldjeep
1 hour ago, KDCr7 said:

Lighting?  Don't all modern trucks have bed lights from the factory?

KDCr7

When I was looking at the Ultra Flex covers, one of the models had  integrated luminous rail light under the cover.  I suppose that isn't much of an addition  if you already have lights! My 09 doesn't have them. Not sure if it was an option back then.

oldjeep
1 hour ago, KDCr7 said:

When I was looking at the Ultra Flex covers, one of the models had  integrated luminous rail light under the cover.  I suppose that isn't much of an addition  if you already have lights! My 09 doesn't have them. Not sure if it was an option back then.

I guess i dont know how common it is.  Just assume that if it is standard on a mid trim ram that most trucks have them. 

Nitrousbird
14 hours ago, KDCr7 said:

Yes.  Haven't installed it yet and I'm not sure if I will.

12 hours ago, oldjeep said:

I guess i dont know how common it is.  Just assume that if it is standard on a mid trim ram that most trucks have them. 

My truck has multiple in-bed LED lights and the overhead light.  Which is why I may not install these and I really don't need them.  My Avalanche and Escalade EXT also had bed lighting, though the Escalade's was pretty poor (oddly, the Avalanche's wasn't).

Pnwrider

I just bought an undercover ultra flex. I was leaning towards the armor flex since the price is so close to the ultra, I thought why not? Called my order in and was advised of a $100 mail in rebate on the ultra. That was incentive enough for me to go with the ultra. 

If you’re going to order one or any tonneau cover for that matter, you need to give these guys a call or email. Seriously, best prices around. Their website is a little janky, but I just paid $710 (after rebate). This is the second cover I’ve bought through them. They price way below MAP which is why you need to call/email for their real price. http://truckalterations.com/

89A77A55-C0A4-47E4-9D44-862D674F92B2.jpeg