Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oxidized Tower

Nokolakemalibu

Along this same train of thought ... I’ve recently purchased a 2008 Wakesetter 23 “lsv...I’d like to know what the illusion XS tower is coated with and since I don’t have a cover for the tower and it will be outside all the time ... recommendations?

On 10/24/2018 at 12:04 AM, Argonaut said:

Along this same train of thought ... I’ve recently purchased a 2008 Wakesetter 23 “lsv...I’d like to know what the illusion XS tower is coated with and since I don’t have a cover for the tower and it will be outside all the time ... recommendations?

It is powder coated. 

Thanks Cazan. So what does this mean for care... is there a spray or something needed to help it remain uncovered year round or just wipe it down every so often?

I just put of coat of wax on it same stuff I use on the boat.  I just did the boat and tower today.  I had some left over 3M boat wax I used after I refurbished my gel coat last year.  Seemed to last a decent amount of time.  Of course I have a custom side skirt and use Hot sauce after every use so it doesn’t strip the wax.  

As far as which wax...if you do a search on here there are several different threads on that topic. Lots of opinions on it.  As long as it’s a quality brand your good.