Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stereo On While Sitting or Tied Up

adgray

I have a 2014 MXZ and the only way to power on the head unit is to have the power button on.  Can I hard wire the radio into the perko switch so I don't need the power button on to run the radio.  Mainly want to listen to system while we are just chilling at the beach or taking a break without having to have everything else on such as the dash and computer system.  

yes.  the red wire on the rockford stereo harness can be wired to something else.  That's the trigger wire to turn on the black box / HU.  you can certainly wire it to something else... to your main battery switch for instance (turn big switch on, stereo comes on).  

bumping this back up, wouldn't this also be a benefit to the engine hours?  I thought anytime the boat is "on", it's counting.  Considering I do a lot of sandbar time after some wakeboarding sessions.  When I'm usually the one the sandbar crew wants me to run the stereo, I'm putting hours on the engine that aren't really true engine hours?

Yup hours only count when engine is running. I’ve got buddies who teach surfing and turn the engine off for 30sec to talk to a rider just to save hours. In the long run probably bad for the starter, but ya know, worry about that later.