Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

fuel water separator

Brian82683

I have a 2016 Malibu Response LXR, last fall when I went to winterize the engine I could not locate a fuel water separator.  To be clear, there is not one on the boat.  The engine is a 350 monsoon.  Is there any reason why they aren't installed on new boats? Should I add one? Thanks

Unless your experiencing issues with repeated water in fuel , no

had 2 boats without, one with and the one that did was installed on a whim like this when I experienced a starting issue 

all 3 boats never had s water problem and 1st two were stainless tanks (that your ‘16 and my ‘14 don’t have ) , one stainless tank with separator one stainless tank without , no water issues, I’m in super humidity country though less in fall winter, even though it’s actually pretty high even in winter

where you winterize, you tend to have very dry winters so with your plastic tank and less humidity even a non full tank should have minimal condensation 

Edited by granddaddy55

My old 1990 Euro I had one. It did have some water in it every once in a while at the beginning of the season. I always assumed it was condensation from cold water boating. I use my boat late in the fall and early in the spring.