Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 VLX colors

wakesetter14

First post....right on

My dad and I are looking toward buying a 2007 wakesetter vlx. We are stuck on the color combo choices though. We were kind of thinking yellow/black or red/black. It would be awesome if you could post a pic of your 06-07 wakesetter so we can see all sorts of color combos.

Thanks!

Welcome to the site!! I've got an '05 that looks alot like my avatar over there

<-----

If you'd like to see real pictures just let me know. I know its a different gel pattern, so you probably aren't interested though. No hard feelings :)

Again, Welcome to the Crew!

JZ

WS14,

We just went through the whole exercise on colors as well for ordering a 2007 VLX. I had a RLX with burgundy, tan, and cream which was very easy to keep clean compared to my buddie's Wakesetter LSV with red, black and white/grey. The issue was the white upholstery was tough to keep looking good and eventually had dust & dirt showing in the stitching seams.

We were able to demo a 07 VLX which had a great color scheme which avoided the problems with a white interior by going with Light Graphite (grey) and Moonbeam (light grey) with an Ebony bead and Regal (red) accents. It had a red, black, and white exterior similar to the picture above. It looked so good my buddy ordered his exactly like it and I did almost the same except went with burgundy (Reuben) instead of the red. This way I don't have to buy a new truck too!

Can't wait for the spring and the new ride. Have fun picking yours! Yahoo.gif

The tradeoff when ordering any grey in your vinyl (if you live in a sunny warm climate) is that it will be significantly hotter on the feet & rest of your exposed body parts than white will be. I had the opportunity to ride in an all-black VLX (well except for a little pink pinstriping) this summer - all black, hull, deck, all of the gel was black. The entire interior was white except for pink piping & even with all of that black gel above the rubrail it was a much cooler boat to be in than our VLX with all of its grey in the vinyl. Just something to think about.

You may not want my opinion but the only thing more out of style than tribal graphics is the over the top colors (Orange, yellow, etc). Also, if you want an original looking boat, I would stay away from red.

to each his/her own...

i'm a fan of some color

those bottom two pix that tracie posted are absolutely Drool.gif

and i'll echo what someone else said above about vinyl color choices:

after 20 years, the stitching in mine has taken on a lovely shade of suntan lotion & dust

it is only really apparent against the white vinyl - not the color

Edited by Big Dubya
First post....right on

My dad and I are looking toward buying a 2007 wakesetter vlx. We are stuck on the color combo choices though. We were kind of thinking yellow/black or red/black. It would be awesome if you could post a pic of your 06-07 wakesetter so we can see all sorts of color combos.

Thanks!

You can check out mine HERE! - 2007 Wakesetter VLX - also has a black and yellow bimini top (not shown)