Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Wedge on 04 Response

Nokolakemalibu

I've done 20 mph, probably better than that. But I think they only recommend 18-20 as a top. Watch your mounting screws, that much pressure can break them and curl up your wedge.

I wakeboard at 23-24 no issues. 

Forgot to put it up once and skied my wife at 28, she didn't care for that pull too much.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, blk93jeepzj said:

I wakeboard at 23-24 no issues. 

Forgot to put it up once and skied my wife at 28, she didn't care for that pull too much.

Had that happen once on my VTX, it tried to get to 34MPH but couldn't.  Could not figure out what was going on (from behind the boat)

6 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Had that happen once on my VTX, it tried to get to 34MPH but couldn't.  Could not figure out what was going on (from behind the boat)

Yep, had a couple extra people in the boat and couldn't figure out why the wake was so much larger than normal.  Thinking, man just a couple extra peeps really adds to the wake size.  Till it dawned on me oops forgot to stow the wedge.   

Got to figure it was designed for wake boarding, so maybe typical wake boarding speeds, maybe low 20's.

But, because it's positioned in the prop-wash, maybe it's more RPM related.

2 hours ago, UWSkier said:

wouldn't try going over 25 or so

I agree with this one.  I normally wakeboard at 23.. I am almost postived that in my 2010 boat the alarm goes off around 26. I don't think I ever went over 23 in my LX but plausible. 18 - 20 is to slow.. it is designed for wakeboarding... 0 - 25 is my opinion,

As @Falko stated, the 1st generation wedge had issues with the bolts backing/stripping out.. I resolved this by having the wedge and arms tacked welded together.. 

The 1st generation wedge has two screws per arm in them. 2nd generation has 3 screws. I have not heard of the any issues with the 2nd generation. 3rd generation is a floating wedge and no issues that I have heard on this one as well.

Edited by kerpluxal
  • Like 1