Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Windscreen

Pat502

We recently purchased an 05VLX with the table included and what appears to be the windscreen bag(black leather/vinyl bag) but no windscreen.  I doubt I’ll ever use it but I’d rather have it and never use it than seen an empty slot in the storage locker.   Any idea where to obtain one?  Ours has optional front ballast so I’m assuming it would be shorter?  Thanks in advance. 

I have a different boat but i gotta say i use my wind screen A LOT. Just take some measurements and go have one cut at a plastics store.  If you can find someone with the same boat, see if you can borrow theirs and use it as a template.  

I had the same problem, plus having the windscreen there during tow no longer made me worry about the back middle seat trying to fly out.

you have the option to pay the $$$ from your dealer or simply do what I did and measure top width rail to rail and bottom width rail to find your cutting angle or offset.  They are different and indeed tapered at the top of the acrylic screen.  I wanted the Malibu etched in so I bought one I found online but it was for a 247 or LSV not the size for my VLX.  I cut it down to size on a table saw and sanded the edges down a little at a 45 degree angle

I cut the bottom part off for height so that I could keep the already cut handle

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/malibu-247-lsv-5522016-bronze-tint-24-x-20-inch-acrylic-boat-windscreen-with-logo

Edited by hawaiianstyln

I had the same dilemma and bought some acrylic and cut one myself. I also use it fairly often. If I remember correctly I used 1/4 inch thick. The table on the other hand I have never used. Enjoy the new boat!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.  I should be back with the boat this weekend and will do some measuring.  I’m a DIY kind of guy but really wanted one with the logo.  Maybe I could live with a decal.  Didn’t get much time with the boat before weather turned to crap so I’m sure more things will come up.  Love the info on the site and everyone’s insite!