Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pro negotiators - any new buying tips?

Nitrousbird

8 hours ago, oldjeep said:

FWIW on the max tow package - doesn't appear to even include mirrors

On the SLT Sierra it does:

"Chrome, Outside, power-adjustable, power-folding vertical trailering mirrors with Amber running lamps"

Not that it matters, you'll never find a Max tow package.  I've read the 6.2 gets the Max Tow rear end regardless, but only gets the 3.23 gears without the package.  You also can't mix Max tow with the Z71 package and is also not available on the Denali...basically, there is no such thing as a 6.2L 3.42 gear Denali or Z71 truck.

17 off is very good , great job!

still don’t understand how GM invested all that money with Ford on the 10 speed and their supply chain makes them wait 2 model years past Ford to offer it as an option? Or standard ?

did they use Ford fir a free testing ground? This might have been it

my wife’s 10 speed GT is insane , paddle shifters are useless with this gear box and it’s ECM control programming, it does a much better job than your brain, hands, and eyes can do while driving the wheel, brake, and accelerator 

it reads your actions anf sensors and shifts down and up accordingly lightning fast 

i assume it performs very well in a truck, so why wait 2 years with several HUNDRED MILLION ( half of up to 800m-1billion) a piece for  ford and GM in co-development 

Edited by granddaddy55
39 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

still don’t understand how GM invested all that money with Ford on the 10 speed and their supply chain makes them wait 2 model years past Ford to offer it as an option? Or standard ?

I'll bet it's a capacity issue, can't make enough yet.  Just continue using what they have in some vehicles until they can ramp up capacity.

6 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

17k below is a great deal on a 6.2 imo. Nice work!

Now again, where is a comparable Chevy dealer like this GMC dealer? Lol

Yes, where is a high volume Chevy dealership like this??  Gotta be one out there.

8 minutes ago, Cazan said:

Yes, where is a high volume Chevy dealership like this??  Gotta be one out there.

Dealers like Laura, Dave Smith, Kendall and probably some others I don't know of get people flying in from just about every state. Quite a few people will buy remotely and just ship to their home state.

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

17 off is very good , great job!

did they use Ford fir a free testing ground? This might have been it

my wife’s 10 speed GT is insane , paddle shifters are useless with this gear box and it’s ECM control programming, it does a much better job than your brain, hands, and eyes can do while driving the wheel, brake, and accelerator 

it reads your actions anf sensors and shifts down and up accordingly lightning fast 

i assume it performs very well in a truck, so why wait 2 years with several HUNDRED MILLION ( half of up to 800m-1billion) a piece for  ford and GM in co-development 

I suspect that it’s because they tweaked the engines for MY19 to pair with the ten speed. And maybe they wanted to do more durability testing? It’s not like the investment is going to waste. 

44 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Dealers like Laura, Dave Smith, Kendall and probably some others I don't know of get people flying in from just about every state. Quite a few people will buy remotely and just ship to their home state.

When I was there from Wisconsin there were people from Texas and Ohio driving trucks home also. The Texas folks were a dad and son who both bought trucks. 

Truck so in my driveway. Dark when I got home...I'll snap pics tomorrow. 

My salesman alone was juggling me and a couple buying a truck. He also had a guy coming in from. Arkansas in the afternoon to buy two. 

My airport driver said he has picked up over 800 buyers from the airport in the past year. He said he finally hit his last state...just had a buyer from Hawaii. 

• Like 3

Late to the party.  I would have recommended Laura as well.  Luckily for me they are 10 minutes from the house.  Back in July of '16 I was trying to buy from their leveled/lifted stock as they had a crazy promotion going.  I have a pretty flexible work schedule but was still unable to get there in time to buy trucks I was looking at online.  In the end I just bought a year old F150 that someone from Kentucky had traded in because they decided they needed a 2500 Denali instead.  They were selling new trucks that were still inbound on delivery trucks.  Process takes a little time as they are so busy, but they are great to work with.  I recommend them to everyone. 

Sold the old rig today.  Listed on CL Sunday, first showing was lunch today and he paid full asking price...which I had inflated a good $1500 above what I really wanted for the truck, so I'm pretty pleased.  Total cost of ownership of purchase, tax, maintenance and repairs minus sale price ended up being $275/month (I keep very detailed records on my truck).  I hoped to do better on an older truck but she needed more love than I had originally planned.  Sale price to sale price of the truck itself only cost me $100/month in depreciation - Uncle Sam, maintenance and repairs were the other $175.

I was actually sad to see her go.  I always wanted a 2nd Gen EXT since they were released in '07 (when I had my '02 Avalanche).  I got to have one for 2.5 years, so I got to have my enjoyment.

20170729-105947.jpg

20160626-141825.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Any suggestions on a high volume, no hassle Ford dealership comparable to the Laura Buick/GMC dealership recommended earlier in this thread?

My Acura MDX was rear-ended earlier this week while I was sitting at a traffic light (33 yr old drunk at 2:00 p.m. on a Monday - some guys really know how to live) , pushing me into the car ahead of me, so I am expecting a total loss. Spare vehicle that we use just for towing & snow ski trips is a 2008 Tahoe. I am thinking of replacing both cars with a Ford Expedition Max. (We owned 2 Suburbans before the Tahoe and I miss the extra space behind the 3rd row seat.) 

Anyway, any suggestions re a Ford dealership would be appreciated. 

The Laura auto group has a Ford store.  It's about an hour from the STL airport but they'll pick you up similar to the GMC offerings.  

Looks like they only have 2 Exp. Max's in stock

https://www.laurafordofsullivan.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&model=Expedition+Max&year=2019&internetPrice=&gvBodyStyle=SUV&saveFacetState=true&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-model-2

On 3/3/2019 at 11:29 AM, edwin said:

I took a look at their site...might be the same Auto group but that's not a high volume dealership.  Not even in the same ballpark as their Buick/GMC dealership. Prices weren't anything special...not worth the trip for what they are offering. 

On 3/2/2019 at 12:28 PM, John I. said:

Any suggestions on a high volume, no hassle Ford dealership comparable to the Laura Buick/GMC dealership recommended earlier in this thread?

My Acura MDX was rear-ended earlier this week while I was sitting at a traffic light (33 yr old drunk at 2:00 p.m. on a Monday - some guys really know how to live) , pushing me into the car ahead of me, so I am expecting a total loss. Spare vehicle that we use just for towing & snow ski trips is a 2008 Tahoe. I am thinking of replacing both cars with a Ford Expedition Max. (We owned 2 Suburbans before the Tahoe and I miss the extra space behind the 3rd row seat.) 

Anyway, any suggestions re a Ford dealership would be appreciated. 

When I was looking for my F-250, I found that these guys had some great deals: https://www.haagfordsales.com/