Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Cover for '02 Wakesetter LSV 23

DaleHardy

I'm in need of a new cover. I have to keep it outside and don't trailer long distances but would like the ability to trailer to lake and back which is about half hour away. Protection is priority since it's kept outside. I spoke with Evolution which sounded great and the cost was actually better than the others I've spoken to, but unfortunately he's backed up 8 months. I need it for winter. I've spoken to Westland which doesn't make it with the Titan tower which I have. I've spoken to Great Lakes but they don't make it to cover the swim platform which seems important. I've spoken to skiboatcovers.com and they can make one which covers the platform and down the water line all the way around. That sounds like great protection. My concerns would be whether it's trailerable and that it seems like a huge amount of canvas to roll up and roll out putting on and off. Does anyone have any experience with these and can allay my concerns? Any feedback at all would be appreciated. All covers I've inquired about would be the Sunbrella material. Thanks!

Bakes makes a custom cover that is similar to the Evolution cover.  I was in the same position for our SLXI a couple of months ago and Cory was out until Feb.  I went with the Bakes cover and it fits like a glove.  It took them 6 weeks to make it.  Also, it was 10% off due to my bucrew membership.

4 hours ago, mackie12 said:

if it is an option, get it shrink wrapped for this winter and wait for Cory to make you a cover.

That's a great idea. I'll look into that.

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Bakes makes a custom cover that is similar to the Evolution cover.  I was in the same position for our SLXI a couple of months ago and Cory was out until Feb.  I went with the Bakes cover and it fits like a glove.  It took them 6 weeks to make it.  Also, it was 10% off due to my bucrew membership.

Awesome. I'll look them up see if they have my model, year, tower.