Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New board opinions and comparisons?

MJO21

I am still searching for the kids board for next year and beyond... 

I think I have narrowed it down to 
Liquid Force POD or the new Space POD
Liquid Force Dart

but the shapes have me thinking....
What is the big difference between the POD---Doomswell NEO---Hyperlite Quad---Slingshot Gnarwhal???

The Dart---Doomswell NEO---Byerly Misfit---Hyperlite Automatic???

they are all EPS core, have some fiberglass netting wrap...

any one surf any of these boards and have any opinions of one being better than another?

Biggest decision is the stub nose or the pointed nose???

Hyperlite quad is a dog, always buy smaller than you think unless your trying to buy a big stable board to teach on but even that is a bad reason to buy a board, buy a big neo and it will be s dog, if it has a square nose and it’s bigger it will be a dog (definition -abig stable board easy to surf , hard to maneuver, maneuvers are the perfect combination of brakes and gas in a surf board so the surfer tends to lean the hips forward  or back for gas and brakes on the big board and not learn how to move the board to keep the pocket or use parts of wave not in pocket )

you are all  over the place, just make sure you buy smaller than larger and stupid cheap versus 33% off msrp isn’t necessarily the way to go cause you’ll end up buying another cheap one

dart probably is best of choices above , pointed nose in a smaller board size means less board and probably more maneuverable 

also to maximize the shiftiness of a surf style , never ride as a quad fin  , ride as s twin with smallest bigger fins in forward quad slots , at least after you get up and surf the board with quad  to get started, change it out immediately past the learning surf

Thank you for your help.  I find it interesting how your opinions of the stubby nose board is different than the reviews.  This is why I come to these places for info!!!!   Honest trust-able equipment users!!!!!  TheHouse.com says that the POD is an excellent board for speed and making hard cuts/ripping and getting above the lip!  sounds like the Dart will be the board.  I only listed the others outside of liquid force because they had very similar shapes.

Thank you for your help!!!!