Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Waterproofing boat cover

56 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Does your cover not have rub pads on the underside? You cant get at the nylon from the bottom in a bunch of spots on my cover. 

Those "pads" are usually polyurethane, so they dont need coated. They are typically stitched on, so a liquid coating easily wicks up the cover material, between the pad and cover. 

Like pointed out again, you need a good liberal coating, not a misting. Coat to the point of almost pooling. 

44 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Nope.  

That's a very terse refutation. 

Technically, the original Napalm was Napthalene and Palm oil with aluminum powder, but it isn't really used any more.

"Modern day napalm uses no Napalm (naphthalene or palmitate) -- instead using a mixture of polystyrene, gasoline and benzene. After the Korean War a safer but equally effective napalm compound was developed. This new formulation is known as "napalm-B", super-napalm, or NP2, and it uses no napalm! Instead, polystyrene and benzene are used as a solvent to solidify the gasoline. This modern napalm is a mixture of benzene (21%), gasoline (33%), and polystyrene (46%). Benzene is a normal component of gasoline (about 2%), while the gasoline used in napalm is the same leaded or unleaded gas that is used in automobiles." source: https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/napalm.htm

This is rapidly approaching a thread hijack, but If you happen to know how to reliably gel kerosene, I'd love to know.  Perhaps the original Napalm would do it, because some sources mention that it would work with jet fuel.

9 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Why would you want to gel kerosene?  

If your username is any indication, you understand the use of a good ceremonial fire, and you further understand that "liquid accelerants" are frowned upon by a certain outdoor-oriented organization for which a good ceremony fire is always useful.  Gasoline is highly flammable (and actually explosive), so it is definitely out as an accelerant in any form for me.  I don't want any whump at all when it lights, but it needs to light easily and quickly.  Besides, I'm picturing some possible effects for longer lasting goo than just just straight kerosene or diesel.  Diesel stinks too much to be as good as kero anyway, since you can smell it so far away.

I used to be a bear, and a good ol' bear, too....