Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Depth finder add

SkiPablo

Hello, my friend just picked up a 05 Response LXi -   sweet boat!   I think it was ordered from the factory without a depth finder.   When we cycle through the display it just never shows a depth setting like my boat does.  

Is it easier to add a 3rd party gauge and transducer or can we add some parts to get it to work on the the current display ?

his gauge looks like this:  https://www.bakesonline.com/malibu-boats-speedometer-gauge-black-amber.html

thanks!

Does he have water temp?  I didn't think it was possible to order a boat without depth finder in those days.

I have this gauge in my boat and like everything about it except for the fact it's a little hard to read with polarized glasses.  I don't know who in their right mind missed that design flaw...

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Temperature-Instruments-Chesapeake-Transducer/dp/B00YI7UA1K

Mine has dark gray face.

• Like 1

I have the same in my 05 lxi, came without a depth finder. Prior owner ordered it, and sold the boat before installing it. I grew up on our lake, so dont generally need the depth finder, but, do plan to install it. 

Ok, the part is Lowrance PD-WBL shoot through the hull transducer.

Mine was ordered through No Wake Marine in cincinnati. Their part # 3765017

I dont know if that one is still available or not. I installed a hummingbird shoot through the hull on our first malibu. Added the gauge for it near the stereo remote, worked well.

Edited by asnowman
Added part info
14 hours ago, SkiPablo said:

thanks for the link :)

His does show lake temp.   Shows Air temp, Lake Temp, Hours, Clock

You can get that in white or black with through hull transducer option.  That's what I use and it works well.  Though it and the PP paddlewheel disagree on the lake temp by a few degrees so I'm not sure which is correct there.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:11 PM, asnowman said:

I have the same in my 05 lxi, came without a depth finder. Prior owner ordered it, and sold the boat before installing it. I grew up on our lake, so dont generally need the depth finder, but, do plan to install it. 

Ok, the part is Lowrance PD-WBL shoot through the hull transducer.

Mine was ordered through No Wake Marine in cincinnati. Their part # 3765017

I dont know if that one is still available or not. I installed a hummingbird shoot through the hull on our first malibu. Added the gauge for it near the stereo remote, worked well.

thanks !!  seems like this would plug into the square box i see on my boat.  I'm not sure what he has under the dash b/c I didn't get a chance to look.   Guesing no square box - would you know that part number ?

On 10/13/2018 at 11:04 AM, UWSkier said:

You can get that in white or black with through hull transducer option.  That's what I use and it works well.  Though it and the PP paddlewheel disagree on the lake temp by a few degrees so I'm not sure which is correct there.

cool !  does it work good at high speed like at say 35 or 45 mph ?