Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu for Australia ONLY

AussieSkier

Will be interesting to see the details.  If it is lightweight, should be a great ski boat.  Not too surprising it won't be a US offering, it seems that in the US a stripped down, hard core ski boat does not end up selling very well even with the hard core slalom  set clamoring for one.  It would be really interesting to know what the Aussie customers actually asked for, no indication in the article as to what that was.

If it's the one Jack's inspecting, then it's tall for a ski tug. (could be the floor dollies it's sitting on).  It looks like the rear hatches are similar 50/50 split of the older gen RLXi and TXi.  

ahopkins22LSV
Just now, UWSkier said:

Sure looks like a Response LX deck with a TXi windshield

Yeah definitely agree. Probably blended the two together with tailored options to the market there. Kinda like how the lxr started. 

If an LX, what hull version will it be, or will there be some hull changes.  Hopefully, and given what I think may be a reasonable barefoot crowd in the land of OZ, will it be a good slalom / barefoot combo boat, our Aussie friends could chime in?  I would assume the rear seat 'stuff' shown in the rear camera view is easily removeable to make the 'open pen' for the hard core gang.

46 minutes ago, KDCr7 said:

Thats the first time I've ever heard of or seen swivel skiing. 

ditto, I was thinking "what the hell kind of ski are they pulling out of that locker??!""

That should be a great ski boat. I love that hull. I don't see that coming to the US unless they want to kill the LXR in the US and replace it with that TXR. I'm not so sure that I love whatever that is between the 2 rear seats.

ahopkins22LSV
6 minutes ago, jaciche said:

That should be a great ski boat. I love that hull. I don't see that coming to the US unless they want to kill the LXR in the US and replace it with that TXR. I'm not so sure that I love whatever that is between the 2 rear seats.

They have already killed the lxr. TXi (closed or open bow) is the only response available. 

2 minutes ago, jaciche said:

LXR has been dead in the US since 2017.  I don't know if they could/would produce the TXR here given that's made using the old manufacturing method.  They quite literally don't make them like they used to in TN.  Plus there are typically enough used boats kicking around out there in the US market that it may not make sense. 

I'd be happy with the step there actually.  I currently step over my trunk from floor to platform, but it's a bit of a long step (and dangerous with the platform a little slippery).  As long as those two side seats can be removed but the center step/storage remain, that'd be cool.