Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Opinion on '18 LF Pod

SDTony

Fairly new to wakesurfing, but have surfed in the ocean my whole life. Still need to dial in a piggyback system (I'm already tired of the throw-over pump), but want to upgrade boards. I'm trying to keep costs down for now, since my off season project list is growing (stereo refresh, add'l ballast, trailer maintenance, etc.). I currently have a Hyperlite Broadcast (2008-ish era).

I'm definitely more surf-style, 6', 200lbs. Is the LF Pod a good choice for me? Any other boards you'd recommend? TIA

https://www.wakemakers.com/liquid-force-pod-wakesurf-board-2018.html

I loved the happy pill before LF ruined it, bet the pod and dart are better , probably choose tge dart , always go smaller than you think cause 3 to 5 inches in length and girth will take a great board and make it a dog, ex 53 ahi p5 awesome 56 a real dog

Also ride any LF or any other good surf style with the smaller large fins  in forward slot , none in back quad slots , not even nub fins in back (ride as a twin) will loosen the board considerably and increase your riding pleasure and satisfaction. 

compared to the HL broadcast your really locked in so definetly go twin first before you try quad the one time before you change back

cause I try to stay smaller , wife can surf same board, saves a lot of money 

Edited by granddaddy55

Thanks @granddaddy55

So here's the size chart for the Dart. Think I could get away with the 4'4", or would that be pushing it too much? Just trying to get a gauge for how much I might be able to "size-down" so my wife could ride it too.

image.png.3517eaf92dea3abe5e5203826692f99c.png

6 ft 200 could easily ride my P5, I think the 52 will be fine

we surfed a 4’8” happy pill that could have easily been a 4’5”

when we surf it now we think it’s wsy too big

i have a brigade that’s 4’10” but it’s super light and has at least 10 inches of that in an extra long pointy nose .  It’s the only big board I would ever surf agsin 

The dart is a broad pointed nose so there is much more board up front by nose

I was going to ask as I do not have a board that is EPS Foam core.....As I understand it they are much more fragile????

Does this also mean that if the person riding it is over the recommended weight that the pressure on their front ans rear foot could cause enough pressure causing it to flex up in the middle and snap/break it in half?

• 3 weeks later...