Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear Ballast Bags

gibbs114

I ran the Wakemakers 580’s in my 2018 LSV and will probably go back with them again for my 2019. Is anyone running anything else in the new style LSV if so how do you like them? Thanks 

16 hours ago, gibbs114 said:

I ran the Wakemakers 580’s in my 2018 LSV and will probably go back with them again for my 2019. Is anyone running anything else in the new style LSV if so how do you like them? Thanks 

I’m running sumo 650s.  Weight is good, but they are too fat and push the engine dividers.  The WM 580s are the way to go. I’ll probably order a set before next season. 

I ran WM 475’s this summer and filled surfside 100% and non-surfside 75% to get a slight list. 

I’ll probably get the same for next summer but if I go up to the 580’s, I’ll need to get some lead to keep the bow down. 

I’m thinking about trying the fat sac 570’s this time but I’m undecided. The Wakemakers 580 work well with the extra lead up front 

I have the fat sac custom 650s. It’s too much rear weight all full so I fill them 75%. I did have to reinforce the engine dividers even though they’re “custom.” I guess it’s good to have more capacity if needed but unless you have some extra bow weight probably not.